sharetrader
Page 376 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 2763263663723733743753763773783793803864264768761376 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 18815

Thread: Black Monday

The DJIA is still up about 700-800 points from 3 months ago so we aren't really down that much. Just goes to show how over-extended we were before.

This will be the first correction for some people I think hence the fear, as I said before when stocks go up for a extended period of time, generally people start believing stocks will always go up. Same for the downside.

IMO

Now below 1000. largest intraday point drop in history.

For me still it is too early to estimate. It could fall at least 10%. If DOW drops more than 5% we should see big selling in Asian and pacific stocks as well. However, overlooked markets may have some support where there is a value. For example even today at this moment some small markets in American region such as Venezuela, Panama,Jamaica and Bermuda standing out from the rest. They have some bullish trend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Now below 1000. largest intraday point drop in history.
    Maybe, but if expressed in % terms would be less hyperbolic.

However... it was 1600 points which even in % terms is a heck of a lot. Did not see that it had dropped that much....

Could be interesting to see what happens in Australia today now that NZ has a holiday..
    Last edited by blackcap; 06-02-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Guru

Im hearing ''healthy correction'' and ''borrowing money'' in the same breath......be careful out there guys

IMO

good advice Skid .you've been waiting years for this but at what opportunity cost, too early to tell i guess.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Im hearing ''healthy correction'' and ''borrowing money'' in the same breath......be careful out there guys
    I was always told don’t borrow money to buy shares!!! That was the cause of the crash in 87. There is no such thing as certainty....... only death is certain. In saying that I could have made a fortune with borrowed money hahaha

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I was always told don’t borrow money to buy shares!!! That was the cause of the crash in 87. There is no such thing as certainty....... only death is certain. In saying that I could have made a fortune with borrowed money hahaha
    I used to think like that but changed my mind a few years ago. I now consider it advantageous, and so run around 15% of my portfolio total on borrowed money on an interest only loan against our house. The interest is tax deductible as it produces income ,and im still working so no problems paying the interest even if the market turns to custard. PS-Nice to hear from you again Skid.

over 3% fall aus by the look for today , us futures for tomorrow are already showing another fall at this stage over 300 down at the moment , not surprising as margin calls will be made

another fall in us tonight will make for a very ugly nz day wednesday ................ with such poor liquidity in nzx there be very few buyers i reckon and with the silly nzx trading rule of not being able to sell at any price will make it worse.
    Last edited by bull....; 06-02-2018 at 09:33 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Volume seemed to pick up as the US markets slumped further in the afternoon (from looking at the chart)

They say that’s not good

Hope there’s not a rush out of ETFs .....that’ll only increase the selling
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”