sharetrader
Page 378 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 2783283683743753763773783793803813823884284788781378 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 18813

Thread: Black Monday

Today you have experienced history being made - biggest one day fall of DOW ever

I thought Sep 18 2001 post 911 was bad but that was only 685 down — far greater percentage wise though
    Last edited by winner69; 06-02-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Today you have experienced history being made - biggest one day fall of DOW ever
    Funny how tweets going around about today's #StockMarketCrash is being equated with Trump's winning(sic) way of handling the US of A economy.

Kind of glad the stock market is closed today. There's going to be blood on Wednesday.

Let's hope HLG releases some amazing results to give me at least one green on the day!!

Unrelated for sure but you have to admit it was funny on CBSN to watch him talking up the economy for '18 whilst in the bottom right hand corner the DJ was plummeting

Not a bad summary of today's fall on Bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ion-stock-rout

I expect there will be a reasonable correction on the NZX tomorrow with foreign investors pulling out until the markets settle. ETF's will play a fairly significant role too I expect and no doubt some Kiwisavers moving to more conservative funds will exacerbate things a bit. I've only ever lost money selling and so I think I'll ride this out. The companies I'm invested in will wake up tomorrow and continue to go about their daily business irrespective of what Mr Market does.....

Good luck all

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Not a bad summary of today's fall on Bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ion-stock-rout

I expect there will be a reasonable correction on the NZX tomorrow with foreign investors pulling out until the markets settle. ETF's will play a fairly significant role too I expect and no doubt some Kiwisavers moving to more conservative funds will exacerbate things a bit. I've only ever lost money selling and so I think I'll ride this out. The companies I'm invested in will wake up tomorrow and continue to go about their daily business irrespective of what Mr Market does.....

Good luck all
    I've actually looked at all my stocks and apart from Atm and Pushlay none have had substantial rises over the past few years (as most have been rises in line with earnings). That makes me feel better because I feel they all are still decent value. Plus I have a few stocks that have already been punished that are at very low PEs.

I'm worried most about pushpay so I may consider selling that one down.

Advanced Member

Thanks for the link
    Just because Bloomberg says traders arent panicking doesnt mean they wont panic tomorrow in NZ.
    Hope they will but I doubt if the drop will be as much in NZ .
    Reserve Bank statement on Thursday-consensus is that interest rates will be on hold until next year.
    Most nz companies will be posting good 6 month reports soon

Quote Originally Posted by Clints View Post
    Unrelated for sure but you have to admit it was funny on CBSN to watch him talking up the economy for '18 whilst in the bottom right hand corner the DJ was plummeting
    The stock market is not the economy eh

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Thanks for the link
    Just because Bloomberg says traders arent panicking doesnt mean they wont panic tomorrow in NZ.
    Hope they will but I doubt if the drop will be as much in NZ .
    Reserve Bank statement on Thursday-consensus is that interest rates will be on hold until next year.
    Most nz companies will be posting good 6 month reports soon
    Good profits yes

But in these times the question is how much will punters pay for a $ of profit/earnings

IMO

1000 point ups and downs in minutes on USA mkts is unprecedented and sounds just a LITTLE panicky to me and with re 50% of the NZX owned overseas we will have to wait and see . Asian mkts in for an 8% drop today!?