sharetrader
Page 38 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248881385381038 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

http://www.wsj.com/articles/global-s...ata-1441094358

Here comes another drop by the looks - glad I'm all cashed up since last Monday.

Membaa

Yep, DOW futures well down … again. Also glad to be out of large/mid caps.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Me too. Regardless of the money side of things, I am so very glad to be experiencing zero stress at the moment.
    No stress here being all in , major stress would be cashing up and realising that large paper loss, funny how two opposite ends of the spectrum both result in no stress aye.

Me too. Regardless of the money side of things, I am so very glad to be experiencing zero stress at the moment.
    I am thinking....Are we really likely to see another sharp sell-off soon...I am not so sure..the way Crude is moving..things may not be so bad..
    cks

glad to have some cash on the sidelines last sell-off made a nice 35% profit on the bounce of ELM.asx ....rest of the portfolio focused round Gold mostly producers selling in AUD....fat margins currently .... not stressed at all
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Saw NCM took another SP hit today, doesn't seem to be getting the same traction as some of the other goldies JB. Any reason for that you know of? Need to update my research.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    No stress here being all in , major stress would be cashing up and realising that large paper loss, funny how two opposite ends of the spectrum both result in no stress aye.
    With respect, you're not an 'average' investor Couta, as you bravely put, and I suggest 'most' in your situation would not agree to having low stress, but perhaps have made friends with Triazolam or some such alternative to assist a good night sleep. Jmo, good luck with your optimism.

Guru

Lucky that Couta can write his own prescriptions eh? I would feel sorry for him, but he has chosen to ignore all the advice that has been given to him on these forums. But let it be a lesson to all others - if you are unwilling to admit to making an error of judgement and taking a small loss on the chin in the beginning, you had better be prepared for your mistakes to compound and ultimately result in massive losses from which you may never recover.
    Very sound advice...

As they say........ "cut your losses short and let your profits run"
    Last edited by Hoop; 01-09-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Guru

Lucky that Couta can write his own prescriptions eh? I would feel sorry for him, but he has chosen to ignore all the advice that has been given to him on these forums. But let it be a lesson to all others - if you are unwilling to admit to making an error of judgement and taking a small loss on the chin in the beginning, you had better be prepared for your mistakes to compound and ultimately result in massive losses from which you may never recover.
    Its like the ''faulty Towers'' of the economic world---They write tv scrips on how characters let a small thing amplify into a big ,in these cases hilarious plots--only this is real life ,and of course not hilarious--but as you say ,Coutts case could prevent this sort of thing from happening to others a hundred fold--but it is all to common(Ive done it myself on a much smaller scale(but learned my lesson)--I remember clearly Moosies ''long walk'' where he finally accepted his loss with DIL and got on with life.
    IMO paper losses doers not make them fictional--We are all at a point in time with everything--where we go from that point is up to us.

It would be nice if ''time healed all wounds '' but it is not always the case

It has been somewhat of an illusion these past years-with all that easy money floating around from the US--and China leading the way with its insatiable appetite for any fodder required for its growth.

But both are changing now and its looking like a different game altogether out there--hopefully in the end it will at least be real.
    Last edited by skid; 01-09-2015 at 11:22 PM.

Banned

Don't forget I took a 100k loss in CNU while others held, I sold at $2.10 and then it went down to $1.30 ish, now what lesson did I learn there, simply if I had just held my shares for another 18months my 100k loss would have been a 30k profit as I could have sold when it got back to $3.16 ish. So while many may not agree with my approach there are many others that do, lets see how many of my stocks are still running paper losses in a few years time? that will be the proof of the pudding IMO.