sharetrader
Page 386 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 2863363763823833843853863873883893903964364868861386 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

My US share were collectively in the green until around 8am but are now collectively in the red and working their way lower so I'm expecting a big shower on the NZX today. Incredible that AMZN seems impervious to the market turmoil and just goes up and up.

Advanced Member

I will have 34,000 Spk on the market this morning at 349 cps. Half are mine and half area family members. That appears to be half a cent below the quoted market price. I will expect a further drop of anything up to 50cps per share over the next few days. The aim is to buy back at the bottom and possibly have enough cash to pay for the new fireplace/woodstove that is about to be installed. I am too old -at eighty - to sit tight and wait for the second coming.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    I will have 34,000 Spk on the market this morning at 349 cps. Half are mine and half area family members. That appears to be half a cent below the quoted market price. I will expect a further drop of anything up to 50cps per share over the next few days. The aim is to buy back at the bottom and possibly have enough cash to pay for the new fireplace/woodstove that is about to be installed. I am too old -at eighty - to sit tight and wait for the second coming.
    Good luck.....all the best for a warm winter!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    As a bit of fun. If everyone had funds to top up just one of their investments-and everything you had was down the same percentage today. or you were going to add anther stock to your portfolio, what would it be?
    OCA and ETH

this is it not a bottom on the markets in my opinion , us is consolidating today im expecting a move lower again very soon. vix still elevated , europe couldnt even rally , rates moving back up again etc still correction mode no buying from me yet
    Last edited by bull....; 07-02-2018 at 08:44 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Panic over ...was there any need to panic in first place?

At least it gave the media something to get excited about when not much else seemed to be going on....and boy did they make the most of it. They just love sensational market collapses, property market collapses and can even turn a bit of rain in Auckland into to the biggest storm ever (must fix Tamaki Drive though)

Suppose what we have seen is just normal behaviour we have to expect when computers essentially run the market so expect more of this as the market relentlessly climbs higher.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Good luck.....all the best for a warm winter!
    Jacinda is going to help him out
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Really what's all the fuss?

Today Dow down 3.9% for its position a month ago.
    Today Dow up 3.5% from its position 3 months ago

Edit.
    And i've just had a peek at my US shares and they are up 25% on what they were a year ago. My alternative was to have my money sitting on my bank account earning 3%

Really pisses me off when the media are banging on about yesterday - what about today!
    Last edited by minimoke; 07-02-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    My US share were collectively in the green until around 8am but are now collectively in the red and working their way lower so I'm expecting a big shower on the NZX today. Incredible that AMZN seems impervious to the market turmoil and just goes up and up.
    It was me that took the shower (not the shares) and when I got out the market had changed to green across most of the board. What a timely turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Really what's all the fuss?

Today Dow down 3.9% for its position a month ago.
    Today Dow up 3.5% from its position 3 months ago

Edit.
    And i've just had a peek at my US shares and they are up 25% on what they were a year ago. My alternative was to have my money sitting on my bank account earning 3%

Really pisses me off when the media are banging on about yesterday - what about today!
    haha Its not over..its never over..just wait to next time!!