sharetrader
Page 388 of 1899 FirstFirst ... 2883383783843853863873883893903913923984384888881388 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 18987

Thread: Black Monday

Everything I have either hasn't moved, or down by only a couple of cents (ATM).
    Not even worth doing a top up ................

well its a good day to test your true intentions however seems to be no major stock down more than 4% and most around 2%

I tend to think the bear will growl a little more before the rout is over - S+P500 re4covery looks corrective and lows will be tested and pushed further down.
    This event could well signal reversal from bull to bear market - too early to tell for sure. I think this is a real possibility however my EW advisor things this is only wave 4 and stockmarket will have another run to new highs.

Either way one should hold quality with the understanding that one wont need to sell if fan becomes very brown.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    ANZ securities would have been open yesterday to buy and sell on the ASX. You just put an order in to buy on the ASX and you can even settle in NZD....
    When you click on "buy" it gives you an option of NZ or AU with the down arrow thingee.... from there the world is your oyster.

Do you trade online or do you phone through orders? Online its as easy as buying a NZ stock.
    Yes you are correct, there were a couple on board at ANZ Securities yesterday to execute Aussie orders, excuse me while I just go and bang my head against the nearest wall as punishment.

I think today is a huge positive for NZ and the NZX. Given that around 50% of our market is foreign owned, then I see a less than 2% market correction as being a vote of confidence. Many of the opening orders may have been placed on Monday and before today's US market rally so probably reflected the sentiment at that time. I expect we haven't seen the last of the volatility but I am encouraged by what I've seen thus far.

We are at the tail end of the bull run and volatility is increasing. Why stay in this market if you can get out?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    We are at the tail end of the bull run and volatility is increasing. Why stay in this market if you can get out?
    Because companies are still producing good profits and paying good divvies, growth companies like A2 won't be kept down for long due to an insatiable demand for their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    And what will you do with your cash. Stick it in the bank for 3%. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    I think today is a huge positive for NZ and the NZX. Given that around 50% of our market is foreign owned, then I see a less than 2% market correction as being a vote of confidence. Many of the opening orders may have been placed on Monday and before today's US market rally so probably reflected the sentiment at that time. I expect we haven't seen the last of the volatility but I am encouraged by what I've seen thus far.
    I agree. It's a small solid market with some very solid companies. We also pay good divies.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    And what will you do with your cash. Stick it in the bank for 3%. No thanks.
    I don't think about "return" - its about "risk/return". Most of my assets aren't liquid, and I still have money in shares, but relatively little and I have a pile of cash sitting in the bank earning nothing.

Warren Buffett's advice rings loud at times like this :“I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.”