sharetrader
Page 391 of 1898 FirstFirst ... 2913413813873883893903913923933943954014414918911391 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 18972

Thread: Black Monday

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    My thoughts. Highly likely that we'll see some retracement of the average PE this year .....
    Nice summary of your thoughts Mr Beagle. Thanks. Of course the PE could also retrace with improving earnings rather than the share price dropping. And that would be quite nice if one is lucky enough to own stocks in this category.

For what its worth I am down 0.43% on the day. Not as bad is I thought it would be

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I remember when i saw Brierleys s/p drop i rushed to the ph and yelled at m"Investment adviser "buy more ",totally ignoring, not allowing his almost protesting advice not too. Months of numbness after.
    Did the same-painful lesson-the brierly executives(?paul collins whilst actually selling his shares) and analysts/tip sheets were all proclaiming what a cheap buy for big future profits and many of us were too naive and believed them

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    For what its worth I am down 0.43% on the day. Not as bad is I thought it would be
    I'm 0.65% down - just another day

I'm really disappointed that stocks didn't go lower today. I was wanting to get some bargains. Maybe tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboyz View Post
    I'm really disappointed that stocks didn't go lower today. I was wanting to get some bargains. Maybe tomorrow.
    bound to be lower tomorrow i reckon , asx already showing a 1% fall tomorrow ah but still a long night to go

Im surprised no one has mentioned the possible double top formation on the nzx formed last week
    Last edited by bull....; 07-02-2018 at 07:28 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

After this volatility and sell-off attractive strong balance sheet firms, Low labour cost stocks and undervalued defensive stocks could do well. Current sell-off is mainly limited to expanded P/E markets over 20. Some less known markets throughout the world are holding well may be due to attractive valuation. As I expected even NZ market didn’t dive like other markets.

https://hacked.com/market-update-black-monday-2018/

Quote Originally Posted by MARKETWINNER View Post
    After this volatility and sell-off attractive strong balance sheet firms, Low labour cost stocks and undervalued defensive stocks could do well. Current sell-off is mainly limited to expanded P/E markets over 20. Some less known markets throughout the world are holding well may be due to attractive valuation. As I expected even NZ market didn’t dive like other markets.

https://hacked.com/market-update-black-monday-2018/
    A lot of it is thanks to HFT's... These algorithmic scumbags of the market engineer hysteria to spook the masses of retail investors into a selloff.

Humans in the market are considered playthings by most quant HFT firms.
    Last edited by hardt; 07-02-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    A lot of it is thanks to HFT's... These algorithmic scumbags of the market engineer hysteria to spook the masses of retail investors into a selloff.

Humans in the market are considered playthings by most quant HFT firms.

How else are they meant to make their money? create a sell off, buy in at 10% discount and count the cash a couple days later.... poor ol humans freaking out lose the plot and pressure sell. I have a lot of money invested outside market but what little I have left was .2% down today.... bigger swings on non 'crash' days

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post

Im surprised no one has mentioned the possible double top formation on the nzx formed last week
    I'm not seeing it on the FNZ or the NZX50.