sharetrader
Page 394 of 1894 FirstFirst ... 2943443843903913923933943953963973984044444948941394 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 18939

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by tzbang View Post
    I think he means 'refresh' ..(F5) keyboard speak
    Does F1 still give you HELP?

I use F5 on my keyboard in excel for ‘Go To’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Does F1 still give you HELP?
    No - you have to make your own investment decisions.

I use F5 on my keyboard in excel for ‘Go To’
    Try it on a web page (like your share portfolio) - it refreshes it

Banned

Us tablet guys don't have all them F keys, just a virtual keyboard, can just sit or lay on the couch all day eating cake whilst attending to market duties.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Us tablet guys don't have all them F keys, just a virtual keyboard, can just sit or lay on the couch all day eating cake whilst attending to market duties.
    I prefer intravenous but if tablets are all that are available then hey why not?

IMO

Nicholas Taleb’s book Fooled by Randomness should be required reading for all investors. I read it at least once a year (good for long haul flights)

One good part is how he explains the self anxiety caused by looking at your portfolio too often. The less often you look you get heaps more enjoyable moments (up / gains) than anxious ones (down / losses) ....and when you continually look at your portfolio the chances are that are only a few enjoyable moments than anxious ones.

This dude covers it off better than we
    https://acquirersmultiple.com/2017/1...or-themselves/

So for a pleasurable life and less moments of anxiety and stress please stop looking up prices every few minutes ...or hours. Not good for your health

Great advice but can you do it; its not in your nature is it w69?. You're the hover fly on here surely.I think im the otherfly for the ASX though.

Advanced Member

Maybe we are back to the old scenario where US goes down we go down. US goes up we stay the same

Would be well advised to wait until Monday when FBU come off their trading halt and bring the markets down even more to load up more on stocks.

Happy days for all those who have some cash saved up on the sidelines.

The market will be a much more volatile place going forward in overvalued markets. Commodity and bit coin also should follow stocks. In the commodity market, particularly oil could have some correction. There could be pressure on financial and energy stocks. That doesn’t means there are no winners. There will be plenty of winning stocks in global markets. Current situation should create another opportunity for savvy investors provided where they put money. Investors or traders cannot make much money from overextended stocks. Naturally they could have some sell-off in 2018.

Nicholas Taleb’s book Fooled by Randomness should be required reading for all investors. I read it at least once a year (good for long haul flights)

One good part is how he explains the self anxiety caused by looking at your portfolio too often. The less often you look you get heaps more enjoyable moments (up / gains) than anxious ones (down / losses) ....and when you continually look at your portfolio the chances are that are only a few enjoyable moments than anxious ones.

This dude covers it off better than we
    https://acquirersmultiple.com/2017/1...or-themselves/

So for a pleasurable life and less moments of anxiety and stress please stop looking up prices every few minutes ...or hours. Not good for your health

Bull... he is excused as he is a real trader and needs to look every second to make a bob (but probably has many anxious moments as well)
    Well, I tried it. Five hours without checking prices. I'm doing it hard, that's for sure but let's see if I can go a day without checking and then I'll see if I can go longer. Right now though - 2 fingers of Johnny and water to settle in for the evening. Note to self.... don't look at Dow futures tonight before going nigh nighs ... Sleep well Share Trader folks

Membaa

Crashes happen in slow motion albeit a lot faster than bull market uptrends, this Bear hasn't even really started yet with the spectacular recovery after the shock falls. Who knows whether it will even be a Bear? Best just to be alert to SP movements. Capital sensitive investors or traders will have a strategy and react accordingly. Buy and Holds (because its a sound company paying dividends regardless of the SP .. yeah right) will take whatever happens, hopefully not up the whatsyamacallit.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 08-02-2018 at 09:28 PM.