sharetrader
Page 398 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 2983483883943953963973983994004014024084484988981398 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 18922

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    cash is King. Your time has arrives skid?
    Gold and property.. and have been well and truly sidetracked for the last year--But it sounds like it has been a good year for most around the shares----Im mostly just an older fart who is in preservation mode while I dabble in other cultures (travel)and stuff like that-....and have gone through a slight readjustment of priorities of late(theres alot going on that transcends mere dollars and cents across the water(Do I need to be a 1%er when many I see over there are Dicks?)--Noah fence to anyone who fits the bill around here)--Young Bucks like Coutts are far more interesting--(surprised you having hired professionals for that fence Coutts with all those spoils!)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Gold and property.. and have been well and truly sidetracked for the last year--But it sounds like it has been a good year for most around the shares----Im mostly just an older fart who is in preservation mode while I dabble in other cultures (travel)and stuff like that-....and have gone through a slight readjustment of priorities of late(theres alot going on that transcends mere dollars and cents across the water(Do I need to be a 1%er when many I see over there are Dicks?)--Noah fence to anyone who fits the bill around here)--Young Bucks like Coutts are far more interesting--(surprised you having hired professionals for that fence Coutts with all those spoils!)
    I'm feeling good now skid, being a young 56yr old buck, I always believe if you can do something yourself, then do it. Actually I've always lived a frugal lifestyle on the whole and that hasn't changed since my wealth has increased, I enjoy the challenge of the share market first and foremost. PS-I find working with the elderly is always interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    ...Im mostly just an older fart who is in preservation mode
    That's pretty much where I've been since I retired a few years ago, taking the view that so long as there is more cash coming in than going out, I can ignore the short term pain and view downturns as opportunities to go shopping rather than a reason to panic. That said, if this is the extent of the correction, it's a pretty pathetic one (so far).

Banned

NZX 50 down a whole 1%, wow, nothing to see here, move right along.PS-US futures showing green at the moment.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

The question you need to ask is, why is nzx down that 1%, in that short timeframe. The first step on a slippery ladder may not necessarily be the final destination.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    NZX 50 down a whole 1%, wow, nothing to see here, move right along.PS-US futures showing green at the moment.
    The only problem with this is the U.S. market isn't closing anywhere near where it opens. I thought i saw the futures up at one point yesterday also.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    The question you need to ask is, why is nzx down that 1%, in that short timeframe. The first step on a slippery ladder may not necessarily be the final destination.
    Really, with the Dow down 4.15% and the S&P 3.75%, overnight,I think it shows you how resilient our market is.

Dow displaying present business comfort levels.

Really, with the Dow down 4.15% and the S&P 3.75%, overnight,I think it shows you how resilient our market is.
    Resilient... ?
    We have traditionally been slower to respond.. Respond being the key word. As US companies shrink activities the trickle down effect hits us later and lasts much longer. They recover in months, we take years.

Guru

I'm feeling good now skid, being a young 56yr old buck, I always believe if you can do something yourself, then do it. Actually I've always lived a frugal lifestyle on the whole and that hasn't changed since my wealth has increased, I enjoy the challenge of the share market first and foremost. PS-I find working with the elderly is always interesting.
    Just having a dig --Keep up that fence painting (and we have a similar work ethic and demands on life)