sharetrader
Page 40 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450901405401040 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Twotic i sold at $2.10 not $1.30 anyway the principle still stands that those holding long would have lost nothing.(I'm not going to rehash the whole sorry saga step by step again)
    OK, but the point still stands, you clearly lost control of your trade and as Denis said, surely that should be the lesson you take out of that one.

You may not be stressed about it all but reading your posts seriously stresses me out, and its not even my money that's being lost

I hope you are not getting caught up in the hype of BS internet forums and can see that there are some pretty seasoned investors that are trying to give you some quality advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    That's easy when you hold 50% of the product back from the market. Only problem is, what do you do with the remaining 50%!
    False optimism is what I would call it.
    Can't make it all into Swiss Cheese ! haha
    You store it in SCL's warehouses (I hope).

Twotic i sold at $2.10 not $1.30 anyway the principle still stands that those holding long would have lost nothing.(I'm not going to rehash the whole sorry saga step by step again) PS-Remember also that the National Govt had strongly indicated that they would overide the ComCom if they cut the Coper price giving many of us reason to hold onto the stock.
    Again, if the point of your trade was to grab a divie and then jump out then none of that medium to long term stuff should have mattered.

Firstly if you are a seasoned investor...you should know better than give advice.
    Secondly, making pronouncements on other investors strategies, results and losses is presumptuous since "you" are not privy to all the details that go into that investors decision making.
    Thirdly, yes you are right, there is an awful lot of BS on internet forums. This thread has recently acquired a portion of it.
    Lastly, hindsight is a great clarifier...its just unfortunate we cannot arrange some advance notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by twotic View Post
    OK, but the point still stands, you clearly lost control of your trade and as Denis said, surely that should be the lesson you take out of that one.

You may not be stressed about it all but reading your posts seriously stresses me out, and its not even my money that's being lost

I hope you are not getting caught up in the hype of BS internet forums and can see that there are some pretty seasoned investors that are trying to give you some quality advice.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    You store it in SCL's warehouses (I hope).
    SCL don't hold Fonterra milk powder. Just chilled stuff. butter etc. Unfortunately, Fonterra is not stock-piling this.

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Firstly if you are a seasoned investor...you should know better than give advice.
    Secondly, making pronouncements on other investors strategies, results and losses is presumptuous since "you" are not privy to all the details that go into that investors decision making.
    Thirdly, yes you are right, there is an awful lot of BS on internet forums. This thread has recently acquired a portion of it.
    Lastly, hindsight is a great clarifier...its just unfortunate we cannot arrange some advance notice.

1) I'm not advising him to buy or sell anything. But this forum is about sharing thoughts, opinions etc etc. You've just shared yours and so have I - no harm in either!
    2) I never said I was a seasoned investor, I suggested that there are others out there who are and if you read some of the posts there is some pretty sound advice.
    3) Couta came on this very forum to ask for advice on his CNU predicament. He was very clear about the details of the situation he was in. I am not being presumptuous at all. So perhaps go back and read his posts and get your facts right!
    4) You are right, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Can't get it in advance unfortunately, but it doesn't stop us learning from the past
    Last edited by twotic; 02-09-2015 at 09:59 AM.

Great stuff, too right re investors - many say when to buy but they don't necc say when to sell on forums!

Lastly, hindsight is a great clarifier...its just unfortunate we cannot arrange some advance notice - well put

Banned

Hey at the end of the day I'm the first to admit to being my own worst enemy a lot of the time and in my early time on here listened to too much hype and BS also which cost me a lot, I've sorted the latter mainly but are still working on the former. Looks like a black Wednesday weather wise and market wise.

Hey at the end of the day I'm the first to admit to being my own worst enemy a lot of the time and in my early time on here listened to too much hype and BS also which cost me a lot, I've sorted the latter mainly but are still working on the former. Looks like a black Wednesday weather wise and market wise.
    By the way Couta, I genuinely wish you all the best with you investments.

Quote Originally Posted by denis View Post
    SCL don't hold Fonterra milk powder. Just chilled stuff. butter etc. Unfortunately, Fonterra is not stock-piling this.
    Thanks for that, where did you come by this info? Would be interested to know more about what products specifically get stored.

If it is in company reports/presentations my bad I thought I looked through these.