sharetrader
Page 413 of 1899 FirstFirst ... 3133634034094104114124134144154164174234635139131413 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 18987

Thread: Black Monday

IMO

Not over yet, more volatility ahead ?. Be careful out there or is everything back to the boom times already

Hunting for Heuristic trends

I agree Joshuatree, Watchfulness... a key ingredient in the present environment

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/br...ion-2018-02-22

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    I agree Joshuatree, Watchfulness... a key ingredient in the present environment

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/br...ion-2018-02-22
    One of these guys will eventually be right, but until then they are all wrong.

3 days of falls in the us still looks like we gonna test the lows again of feb , nz seems to be outperforming at the moment , does that mean we need a catch up?
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Not over yet, more volatility ahead ?. Be careful out there or is everything back to the boom times already
    Trade wars ahead?. Trump puts a 25% duty on imported steel and Aluminium. DOW down nearly 600 , about 300 atm

A preemptive trade war might be on the cards here. We live in crazy times where the president of the USA would sabotage his own country who are the end consumers here. Scary times ahead..

As an aside, the DOW is really a poor measure compared to the S&P 500. Having such less stocks and then on top of that being a price based index instead of market cap really adds more volatility. I guess the journalists are desperate these days for clicks on their articles though. DOW falling 400 points is surely going to guarantee more clicks then the S&P dropping 35.

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    A preemptive trade war might be on the cards here. We live in crazy times where the president of the USA would sabotage his own country who are the end consumers here. Scary times ahead..

As an aside, the DOW is really a poor measure compared to the S&P 500. Having such less stocks and then on top of that being a price based index instead of market cap really adds more volatility. I guess the journalists are desperate these days for clicks on their articles though. DOW falling 400 points is surely going to guarantee more clicks then the S&P dropping 35.
    actually i reckon the dow is a better barometer of international companies than the s&p500 just like the nasdaq is a better representation of tech than the s&p500.

take todays trading dow down alot compared to other indexes why? because dow represents better major international companies who may be affected more by a trade war....
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    historically there's been a very strong correlation between the s&p500 movement and the Dow movement. A website i'd found put the 15 year ave at .9557 so despite all the dows deficiencies as an index over the medium to longer term you get pretty similar results using either.

http://nohoartsdistrict.com/all-life...et-takes-a-hit

Correction Time: The Market Takes a Hit
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 03-03-2018 at 08:59 PM.