sharetrader
Page 465 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 3654154554614624634644654664674684694755155659651465 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 18813

Thread: Black Monday

OCEANIA Gold (OGC Au) in which I hold a few are relatively unscathed even though gold is still just treading water. Top company with top management in place and one of the lowest cost producers on the planet. If
    /when Gold does take off northwards again I wouldnt hesitate throwing more of my wifes inheritance at this one. (naturally I'd get permission first)
    Last edited by GR8DAY; 11-10-2018 at 04:23 PM.
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I think in the last GFC gold went down from approx 1000 to 750 USD in the first year. So there was a sell off of assets for cash?
    correct , but im thinking in previous corrections gold went up. so makes you think whats going on
    one step ahead of the herd

Lots of Lemmings in the market now! As an investor I'll keep my life jacket on and sit tight for however long it takes

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/4...slumps-11.html
    9th straight day of declines. What's especially taxing about today's loss is that wipes half the remaining gains for the market for the whole year out in one single day.
    NZX50 gross index (which includes gross dividends received all year) up just 3.9% for the whole year now.
    "Still, the NZX50 remains up 3.9 percent for the year-to-date, outperforming almost every other major index across Asia"

I suppose we should be relieved that at least our market is still up for the year unlike some others.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-10-2018 at 04:57 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NeverQuestion View Post
    Not that anyone cares but I lost $700 NZD in my portfolio today. Feeling blue. But I'm sure others are feeling worse (Considerable percentage given how much is invested)
    I'm not going to put how much my portfolio went down but think serious Carnage on a large scale. Just cheer yourself up thinking of how all those sheep are going to feel when this turns around and they realise they have been fear fleeced.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miway View Post
    Lots of Lemmings in the market now! As an investor I'll keep my life jacket on and sit tight for however long it takes
    You won’t be the only one. I’m holding on as well with two life jackets. If you don’t need the money in a hurry hold on to your shares, as panic selling is taking place on all shares. Longterm remains intact and what good share goes down, will go up over time. I am going to try to stop looking at my shares for a while while things stabilise. Feeling sorry for those people that need the money right now selling at cost or well below.

January 2016 was my worst month so far (excluding October 1987 of course). My portfolio was down a full 7.5% after a couple of weeks. I bought BHP in November 2015 thinking I had a lovely bargain and then all hell broke loose over summer. It was probably the worst month for most people here.

It's easy to forget the bad times when there have been so many good times over the last decade.

Some history for those that have joined the party late:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...n-January.html
    Last edited by Bobdn; 11-10-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    January 2016 was my worst month so far (excluding October 1987 of course). My portfolio was down a full 7.5% after a couple of weeks. I bought BHP in November 2015 thinking I had a lovely bargain and then all hell broke loose over summer. It was probably the worst month for most people here.

It's easy to forget the bad times when there have been so many good times over the last decade.

Some history for those that have joined the party late:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...n-January.html
    Yeah, not going to crunch todays numbers..sure lived thru worse days..

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    fear fleeced.
    Best of the day by far.

learning to see in the dark

When is Trump going to be formally identified as a Financial Terrorist? (To add to his many other labels...)