sharetrader
Page 467 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 3674174574634644654664674684694704714775175679671467 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 18815

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    haha that is so funny. My partner often complains how little actual news stuff has these days. Where do you actually go to find a good news (based on facts without opinion) outlet. Stuff has become the womens weekly, its sad really, because that is what we the consumer are actually demanding for them to put it out there for the clicks.

As to the markets, I see the Dow is falling after opening up positive early on, but has held up well contrary to predictions.
    Looking now nasty and time running out for many on margins.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Looking now nasty and time running out for many on margins.
    Yeah that last half hour the bottom just dropped out of it!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Ranger View Post
    When is Trump going to be formally identified as a Financial Terrorist? (To add to his many other labels...)
    Trump mania is a real thing lol. Financial terrorist now is it. Jesus you anti Trumpers need ya head checked
    Last edited by dragonz; 12-10-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Which fiasco are you talking about? A bit of disturbance on the financial markets and people getting knickers in a twist? When Trump took office if I remember correctly the DOW stood at about 18,000. I do not know what the fuss is about.
    These people would blame Trump for the size of their penis.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dragonz View Post
    These people would blame Trump for the size of their penis.
    There is a condition named for it and in NZ the left wing were afflicted with it called KDS (Key derangement syndrome)

Unfortunately it seems TDS has also infected those of the righter persuasion these days.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    blackcap....me thinks you are missing the point.Trump believes in winning....at all costs...no negotiation...no half way...I have no idea how old you are but life has taught me ..that 'winning'...is temporary...he believes that the trajectory of the Dow is indictative of :"winning"....being successful...a great financial brilliant minded juggernaught.......................... a "fuss" you say.....i say with all due respect...you are wrong.....I could go on...
    When you get a little older life may teach you that "right and wrong" can be very subjective. Most of us have been here many times before and there is no need to panic. Trump has nothing to do with this

Quote Originally Posted by dragonz View Post
    When you get a little older life may teach you that "right and wrong" can be very subjective. Most of us have been here many times before and there is no need to panic. trump has nothing to do with this
    Not quite. One of the concerns is around reduced freedom of trade and the financial impacts of this. Trump has something to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Not quite. One of the concerns is around reduced freedom of trade and the financial impacts of this. Trump has something to do with that.
    Those concerns had been around long before yesterday. Easy to blame trump for everything as its easy now to blame Herdlicker for ATM's plummet.

The market is what it is. It always goes up. It always goes down - and at times falls off a cliff. But it always recovers. Put this date in your calendar for next year and when the day arrives reflect on the past 12 months. (Won't stop me grumbling in the meantime!)

Guru

I think you will find the the US economy is doing quite nicely at the moment. The stock market and economy are mutually exclusive at the worst of times and often on divergent paths. So the Dow dropping a bit is not really a reflection on Trump. If it is, that is fine, but then you have to give him credit for the huge run of the last 2 years as well.

Banned

And good for him. I watched during the 80's and 90's as 10's of thousands of Kiwis were thrown on the scrap heap for the sake of freedom of trade. We had brought in thousands of cheap labour then told them that they should be computer experts. Of course they supplied a convenient unlimited supply of very cheap labour. And we continue to add to their ranks. Love what Trump is doing. Lets hope we get a version of him here one day.
    Last edited by dragonz; 12-10-2018 at 07:46 AM.