sharetrader
Page 470 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 3704204604664674684694704714724734744805205709701470 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 18970

Thread: Black Monday

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Trump is obviously a first rate nincompoop, you don't need liberal editorials to see that - just listen to his speeches.

As for the sharemarket fall, I doubt it will come to much this time but it has been too late in the cycle to be fully committed to shares for a while IMHO. I continue to pack away the dry powder for when the buying really is risk-free.
    Yes I'm sure your liberal sound bites have given you a very accurate picture.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nocomment View Post
    can someone let us know when its safe to go back in and pick up some bargains?

Looks like the tides coming back in now? All my portfolio up from lows.
    This correction has been so well anticipated over last year or so, many have lightened their portfolios & loads of cash sitting on the sidelines waiting for the bargains.
    Have seen this before & after the dust settles there's been a massive transfer of wealth from the fearful, to the experienced & savvy.

IMO

No surprises we are seeing some suddenly professing alliance to trump (and their own personal enrichment, which is suddenly threatened)as he is leading them up the rattrap disguised a yellow brick road. This correction is the Feds fault, the Fed is now a threat to trumps popularity amongst his greedy sickophants. Visceral human vice at work and its LIVE ,watch now!!.Just Human nature so thats ok?! Trump for Emperor of the world ,(hold up cheer card now).

Next Instalment soon is "Lemmings Leap" Dtrumpf " i told them to jump .Its not the fall that kills you"!

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    There is no such thing - you'll have a long wait
    Yes, maybe. But, can you name a time when, after a significant fall, and the dust is settling, you wouldn't have done well ploughing everything you can get your hands on into the market?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    No surprises we are seeing some suddenly professing alliance to trump (and their own personal enrichment, which is suddenly threatened)as he is leading them up the rattrap disguised a yellow brick road. This correction is the Feds fault, the Fed is now a threat to trumps popularity amongst his greedy sickophants. Visceral human vice at work and its LIVE ,watch now!!.Just Human nature so thats ok?! Trump for Emperor of the world ,(hold up cheer card now).

Next Instalment soon is "Lemmings Leap" Dtrumpf " i told them to jump .Its not the fall that kills you"!

You will be happy then when Trump gets another 4 years from 2020 to 2024, and after that its President Haley!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Looks like the tides coming back in now? All my portfolio up from lows.
    This correction has been so well anticipated over last year or so, many have lightened their portfolios & loads of cash sitting on the sidelines waiting for the bargains.
    Have seen this before & after the dust settles there's been a massive transfer of wealth from the fearful, to the experienced & savvy.
    Is it the ''experienced ''Trump administration thats leading the way?....so far its been good for markets...giving money to the stock markets through tax cuts,even if its a bit morally dicey He has alot of ego invested in that which means he will be ''all in'' on short term plays--Cutting regulations on pollution is of course good for polluters.....So at the moment the market is benefiting from the social costs ..as long as something doesnt hit the fan ---You know he will do even reckless things to keep the stock market going ---So thats good for investors so far that are strictly ''bottom line''........Only thing is there are also some pretty good reasons for being not so reckless----As long as your goals are running parallel to his ''line his own pockets''outlook you should be fine,until it blows up in his face.That however becomes less likely as he tightens control . In the mean time ...why not benefit from authoritarianism?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    You will be happy then when Trump gets another 4 years from 2020 to 2024, and after that its President Haley!
    Has anyone set up a cheerleaders thread yet?

Yes, maybe. But, can you name a time when, after a significant fall, and the dust is settling, you wouldn't have done well ploughing everything you can get your hands on into the market?
    Nope. While I'm hurting with my paper losses yesterday (my own fault) I take comfort from the confidence that in a year all will be looking might rosy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

The language of hate which is prevalent under Trump and in Brexit has ramifications. Trump has demonised government agencies. The tax chief in the UK (civil servant - not a partisan politician) has received death threats for daring to publish the anticipated costs of Brexit. Under this hostile enironment if someone does something that appears not to blindly support the same policies, they are increasingly demonised.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-cost-estimate

Not sure what is "limp wristed liberals" but there are many kinds of liberalism:
    Just a homophobic slur. I have to tell you I am SHOCKED that someone who supports Trump would be a bigot.
    Absolutely shocked.