sharetrader
Page 476 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 3764264664724734744754764774784794804865265769761476 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 18961

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hmm - NZX50 dipped again below the MA200 - though it felt that some of the stocks I am watching started to improve again towards the end of the day ...

Needs still confirmation ... but we certainly do live in interesting times ...
    On top of that I see the Dow is called down 286 points and Nasdaq 102 as I type. Could be an interesting day tomorrow if this continues.

Banned

A timely reminder from the book of Proverbs on a day like today as I was reading chapter 23." Don't wear yourself out trying to get rich, be wise enough to know when to quit, in the blink of an eye wealth disappears for it will sprout wings and fly away like an eagle." Sleep tight all.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A timely reminder from the book of Proverbs on a day like today as I was reading chapter 23." Don't wear yourself out trying to get rich, be wise enough to know when to quit, in the blink of an eye wealth disappears for it will sprout wings and fly away like an eagle." Sleep tight all.
    Geepers Couta thats enough to give a Bear nightmares!

Fairly bleak view expressed on bloomberg:
    "Global markets including the U.S. have peaked. We should be prepared for the next round of financial crises and turmoils."
    Schedule doesn't really work for me, I'm already busy lounging around the office and day-dreaming about a long summer holiday I have booked. Can we just delay panicking until about March when the Europeans start to really squeeze the British? It seems more reasonable for all involved.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    By the way nz is way overvalued still relative to other markets. anyway back to the holiday.
    Dear Bull
    Is that on a price to earnings basis?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Needs still confirmation ... but we certainly do live in interesting times ...
    No confirmation needed. we do. It may not stay that way but the dow is clawing back earlier losses. It was down around 500 but now only down 60.
    Last edited by Scrunch; 24-10-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Not a bad sort of day on the S&P500 today — solid buying after early jitters

This is interesting from twitter though — shows the big number that doesn’t look too bad (yet) hides a lot of losses over the last year. Prob NZ situation is similar but brokers don’t tell you that sort of stuff.

Carl Quintanilla (@carlquintanilla)
    24/10/18, 3:10 AM

"74% of the S&P is now 10%+ off their 52-week highs.

Of those, 200 companies are in a 'bear market' (20% or more below their 52-wk high).
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Thanks for sharing mate. There's some awesome wisdom in the book of Proverbs. My Living Bible Proverbs 23 v4-5 puts it this way. Don't weary
    yourself trying to get rich. Why waste your time ? For riches can disappear as though they had the wings of a bird. (Emphasis added).
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Is this the time the greedy are shovelling into their holdings as the fearful panic and pull the trigger.
    Or do the patient wait for those bargains at some future final capitulation point , days , weeks or months ahead (who knows)?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....