sharetrader
Page 477 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 3774274674734744754764774784794804814875275779771477 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Is this the time the greedy are shovelling into their holdings as the fearful panic and pull the trigger.
    Or do the patient wait for those bargains at some future final capitulation point , days , weeks or months ahead (who knows)?
    That's the 100 million dollar question.

I do sit on the fence ... though I did buy some recently ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Don't weary yourself trying to get rich. Why waste your time ? For riches can disappear as though they had the wings of a bird. (Emphasis added).
    The delicate balance between that and 2Thessalonians 3:10

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Is this the time the greedy are shovelling into their holdings as the fearful panic and pull the trigger.
    Or do the patient wait for those bargains at some future final capitulation point , days , weeks or months ahead (who knows)?
    Probably both those things as they are not mutually exclusive. I doubt it is the right time to be greedy. I'm in the patient camp, but then I have been for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    The delicate balance between that and 2Thessalonians 3:10
    "He who does not work shall not eat". My interpretation on the difference is the former refers to "striving" (hence the likelihood of becoming weary especially in this market) to get rich whereas the latter refers to the dignity of good honest day's work without necessarily any attempt to get rich out of it.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

"He who does not work shall not eat"

You're confused, that's not from the book of proverbs, i think that was the government's mantra on raising the retirement age, whilst simultaneously reducing the cost to the healthcare system due to OAPs

watch the feb lows , bounce or crash? remeber nz is massively overvalued as of today
    Last edited by bull....; 25-10-2018 at 09:00 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    watch the feb lows , bounce or crash? remeber nz is massively overvalued as of today
    Not entirely true bull, still value plays around and others that have not increased over the last year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Not entirely true bull, still value plays around and others that have not increased over the last year or so.
    nz could still fall around 1200 pts or another 13% just to hit the near the bottom of the up trend channel , currently its still near the top even oafter the 8% its already fallen. just goes to show nz was running on nitro fumes. pe ratios are still high , grossly high for some big caps. anyway guess your know in hindsight a

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    How massively overvalued,Bull?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    How massively overvalued,Bull?
    chart wise , % wise nz out performed most markets time to catch up on the down side i reckon. , pe wise very high , earnings growth slowing , input costs rising , global growth slowing etc

anyway time for bed another day tonight