sharetrader
Page 478 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 3784284684744754764774784794804814824885285789781478 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Banned

Agree bull....overvalued is what nz shares. I hVe none except a wee parcel of STU.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    chart wise , % wise nz out performed most markets time to catch up on the down side i reckon. , pe wise very high , earnings growth slowing , input costs rising , global growth slowing etc

anyway time for bed another day tonight
    Charts tell one story - that's for sure.

I find it hard however to believe that NZ market has outperformed most markets!

Some commentators are saying the forward PE on the NZX50 is now only 17.5. Massively overvalued, probably not but some stocks on PE's north of 25 with limited growth prospects probably are.

Anyway...yet another day of turbulence ahead. If this was an airplane ride I think everyone would have their seat belts firmly fastened and many of the sick bags would have already been used. ALL of the gains for 2018 for the NZX50 (which remember is a gross index so includes dividends) have been wiped out in October as they have for the DOW and many other indices.
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-10-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Anyway...yet another day of turbulence ahead. If this was an airplane ride I think everyone would have their seat belts firmly fastened and many of the sick bags would have already been used. .
    The shirt is off my back and I'm only left with the lingering scent of bile in my nostrils

Some commentators are saying the forward PE on the NZX50 is now only 17.5. Massively overvalued, probably not but some stocks on PE's north of 25 with limited growth prospects probably are.

Anyway...yet another day of turbulence ahead. If this was an airplane ride I think everyone would have their seat belts firmly fastened and many of the sick bags would have already been used. ALL of the gains for 2018 for the NZX50 (which remember is a gross index so includes dividends) have been wiped out in October as they have for the DOW and many other indices.

Remember the old adage that markets go up like an escalator but fall like a lift!

Market now down more than 9% this month
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Market now down more than 9% this month
    Yes its bleak out there I am hoping that dead cat will make an appearance soon and it still likes to drink milk so I can trim down SUM of my holdings

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Yes its bleak out there I am hoping that dead cat will make an appearance soon and it still likes to drink milk so I can trim down SUM of my holdings
    Its not a bear yet unless we all talk us into it. Might be a quite lively cat ...

Milk stocks still look quite sick ... but what is wrong with SUM? Nobody yet wants to fill my offer ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Its not a bear yet unless we all talk us into it. Might be a quite lively cat ...

Milk stocks still look quite sick ... but what is wrong with SUM? Nobody yet wants to fill my offer ;
    I helped fill SUM ones order yesterday and now I am wondering what have I done! Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Real estate is starting to fall in many countries and the most vulnerable are those countries where the price on a per capita basis is the most expensive and apart from Hong Kong that's New Zealand and in particular Auckland.

SUM has a focus on selling down two large facilities in Auckland and are probably more vulnerable right at the minute than any of the other sector players although I also note RYM have a number of Auckland developments on the go, (but are smart enough to discount the heck out of the weekly fee to get most units sold off the plans). If real estate in Auckland starts to tank like it is in Melbourne we are in for interesting times ahead.
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-10-2018 at 11:17 AM.