sharetrader
Page 479 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 3794294694754764774784794804814824834895295799791479 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Notice US markets bounced after initial fall and have now fallen again and have hit new lows on increasing volumes - a very bad sign. I believe it is now time to take partial defensive actions and preserve a portion of capital exposed to the equity markets. Very very risky trying to buy predicting a bounce back at in this current trend. Recommendation for anyone thinking about buying - sit on your hands.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Notice US markets bounced after initial fall and have now fallen again and have hit new lows on increasing volumes - a very bad sign. I believe it is now time to take partial defensive actions and preserve a portion of capital exposed to the equity markets. Very very risky trying to buy predicting a bounce back at in this current trend. Recommendation for anyone thinking about buying - sit on your hands.
    There is a silver lining though. Post close of trade they have bounced back and the Dow is now up 117 and the Nasdaq up 66. But that post close bounce was higher earlier on. Will be interesting to see where it goes during the day.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Fair call, October can't end soon enough.

The more Trump criticises Fed's actions, market is falling further and further.
    Last edited by sb9; 25-10-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I helped fill SUM ones order yesterday and now I am wondering what have I done! Duh!
    You'll be fine young bear, think a little longer term.PS-If it wasn't for HLG my overall portfolio would be down over 200k.Lol

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You'll be fine young bear, think a little longer term.PS-If it wasn't for HLG my overall portfolio would be down over 200k.Lol

One word comes to mind but I cant write it on here or I will be banned!

Advanced Member

Once these fractious US Mid-Term elections on Nov 6 are out of the way, plus this (earning season) blackout period on companies & management buying back their own stock, I think we'll see a strong bounce leading up to Christmas. Here, there's some very sound profitable well run companies with strong tailwinds, great assets, healthy PE's & delivering to a growing need, being caught up in the sentiment & way oversold imho. (e.g. OCA SUM)

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Once these fractious US Mid-Term elections on Nov 6 are out of the way, plus this (earning season) blackout period on companies & management buying back their own stock, I think we'll see a strong bounce leading up to Christmas. Here, there's some very sound profitable well run companies with strong tailwinds, great assets, healthy PE's & delivering to a growing need, being caught up in the sentiment & way oversold imho. (e.g. OCA SUM)
    Yes, that's one theory being expounded by some on Wall Street at present. On the other hand, it could be the circuit-breaker that stops this long-running bull! We'll know soon enough.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

It does seem a little early for the Boxing Day sales, but I suppose we'll all manage

Hunting for Heuristic trends

The current sell down phase seems to be sweeping across the globe as international exchanges open.
    Last edited by arc; 25-10-2018 at 04:36 PM.

IMO

Of 24 major exchanges in asia /pacific only 2 are up in the last year, India and NZ
    On a 1 month basis all in the red, with 10 at -10% down or more and many others including NZ in the -7% range

asiaoverview