sharetrader
Page 488 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 3884384784844854864874884894904914924985385889881488 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Hallelujah Brother.

Tho I did laugh at someone saying Obama was divisive.
    And I think you, JoshuaTree might have insulted the Inca's
    That may have been me. I see that 8 years of Obama brought....? I stand by my comment that Obama was divisive. Demonstratively so!
    I think it was Obama that also said, "elections have consequences". At least he was prophetic.

Anyway back to the markets. Early trade has the Dow up again 170 odd points. But if the last few weeks are anything to go by, that means nothing. I wonder if we are seeing the beginning of a bear. Not convinced fully yet, there is too much cash swirling around.
    Last edited by blackcap; 30-10-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That may have been me. I see that 8 years of Obama brought....? I stand by my comment that Obama was divisive. Demonstratively so!
    I think it was Obama that also said, "elections have consequences". At least he was prophetic.

Anyway back to the markets. Early trade has the Dow up again 170 odd points. But if the last few weeks are anything to go by, that means nothing. I wonder if we are seeing the beginning of a bear. Not convinced fully yet, there is too much cash swirling around.
    Obama was like a politically correct dish cloth.Lol

Advanced Member

Last day of Red October, could be last chance to pick up some XXL bargains. (I see shorters loosing big time on ATM)

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Any bets on the magnitude of the Dead cat bounce

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    What are the bets that the cat is still alive?

I think there is a good chance ... the US economic engine is still humming - and the uncertainties of the US midterms will be over in a week. Remember - markets don't care about the outcome, they just hate uncertainty! It won't matter for markets who is winning ... just that the election is over counts!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    9180 should be the highest point IF (as BlackPeter questions) it is a dead cat bounce

Attachment 10112
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    9180 should be the highest point IF (as BlackPeter questions) it is a dead cat bounce

Attachment 10112
    As far as my humble opinion goes , this is not a dead cat bounce. Globally there is just too much money still freely flowing around for this to be "the big one". The US 10 year treasury rates are still (just ) above the 1 and 2 year rates. Things are starting to look a bit pale but there's still enough cashflow health to easily last another year or so yet. The recent NZ general share price 6% dip is just a healthy correction to give the NZ crowd just what they were wanting. Lets all move onto Harry and Megan visiting now that the Wall st "crash" has been dealt with.

The share prices of just about all NZ shares have been caught in a downdraught compared to 6 months ago. Again , in my humble opinion some have been recently hit a bit too hard such as OCA, SUM, HLG. These will no doubt raise to their proper values over time. The likes of GXH, FBL, AIR and THL are now where they always should have been.

I`m thinking the necessary and healthy correction is now complete. My money is on the show carrying on for some time yet.
    Last edited by Maverick; 31-10-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Agreed, there is a looot of money floating around, which needs to go somewhere.

There are still some very real looming threats hanging over, though.

nice bounces world wide from obvious extreme oversold levels , see what happens might be just a reaction rally , time will tell as they say. im expecting traders take bounce profits soon
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    nice bounces world wide from obvious extreme oversold levels , see what happens might be just a reaction rally , time will tell as they say. im expecting traders take bounce profits soon
    SPX500 fell 34 points a few hours ago so yeh a wave has started on some scale.

I think the correction might take a while to get over. By a while I mean at least a few months, maybe even six.
    I got presented a survey on my reaction to this months events asking me whether they had changed my investment strategy. I concluded that they had a little, but not that much really.
    Maybe it is time for more caution by those who are being quite reckless?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....