sharetrader
Page 49 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359991495491049 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Thanks for taking the trouble to post the link KW. I'll read it a couple more times and then it will hopefully sink in.
    I have trouble getting my head around everything financial and how it all interlinks and interacts. I guess I'm not alone there. And then on top of that, need to apply to my personal situation. Fun isn't it.

In the mean time I will complete repair of ceiling where I have removed a recessed light. That I can at least fully understand.
    Did you happen to remove it with your fist? A new meaning to ''Black Monday''

Banned

[QUOTE=JBmurc;590022]I'm bias but I really like the look of many of these micro-Jnr cap Gold producers in Aussie...

Yes JBmurc, these are the sectors to invest or watch for....
    One big country(might have impact) bought heavily which is playing with its currency.
    Last edited by gv1; 04-09-2015 at 10:15 PM.

IMO

SILVER LINING?
    A snippet from pie funds. They cite 6 reasons why things are overdone, exaggerated etc and see an op to start buying.

"The Investment team took advantage of the worst month on the ASX since Oct 08 and deployed some of our cash war chest.
    Though we still have plenty of dry powderremaining. A good friend of mine, who
    I rate as an excellent trader, taught memany years ago “You’ve got to buy on thered Mike”. And that is exactly what we didthis month, the day the ASX dipped below5,000 (1000 points off the recent high)we put our head above the parapet in ameaningful way for the first time in years. "

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You get the prize for glass half full perspective this week but for mine the fact remains if you look at the collapse of a wide range of commodities its pretty clear that demand from China has very dramatically reduced which is in line with most economists thinking that the true state of the economy is far worse than the official version the Chinese authorities would have us believe. The 25% collapse in emerging markets this year also indicates we're in a genuine bear market.
    Been all out for 4 months now--I think the bear has finally come out of hibernation--

https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastNa...5461803854499/

Advanced Member

Only question is , long slow bear or short sharp shock. I do fear for the aussie market, they were the market darlings based on their exposure to China, the resources have already capitulated, will they take the rest of the market with them?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Been all out for 4 months now--I think the bear has finally come out of hibernation--

Skid reading your posts over the years I'm surprised you were ever in, you seem to be at the complete opposite end of the spectrum to myself. I have always liked extremes but not at the conservative end of the spectrum.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Only question is , long slow bear or short sharp shock. I do fear for the aussie market, they were the market darlings based on their exposure to China, the resources have already capitulated, will they take the rest of the market with them?
    I have an aussie friend whose portfolio has reached a new high in value.There are always opps out there no matter what the mkts do ;i wouldn't throw a bearskin over the whole mkt and this is what PIE is doing,buying selectively while mkts are red; getting out of sync with the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post

LOL mate....the ol a picture says a thousand words eh. I think its pretty clear this bear market has serious claws and your picture says it perfectly.
    Watch out for the teeth too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YexQcXnVSzg
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-09-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Ok to weakfish jobs number in the US, however unemployment dropped from 5.3% to 5.1%.
    this suggests to me participation in the labour market is still falling.
    PE on the DOW are now around 14, so quite a bit lower than they were, however I question that 14 is good value, unlike what the spruikers on Wall St are saying. Big question, does the FED raise this month?
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Yep that's a hard one to know, but at the moment I prefer to hold majority cash - I have no idea if there is any way of predicting sharp drop or slow smolder (or recovery)... US markets down another 1.5% overnight, its seems the big worry at the moment causing the sell offs if data coming out which will support interest rate rises in the US this month. Last night it was that there were a bunch of jobs created and un-employment dropped to 5.1% (lowest since 2008 I think). Seems like interest rate rises may be the final straw on the camels already slightly broken back. However with the US economy recovering - surely some business will do better than they are now (with or without china's demand).

Not that business doing well relates to there stock price necessarily. - i guess this is the issue.
    Last edited by NZSilver; 05-09-2015 at 10:24 AM.