sharetrader
Page 515 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 1541546550551151251351451551651751851952556561510151515 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ... but than, who would work for them to allow them to afford the luxury?
    Robots....

Nobody makes serious money with selling plain vanilla alcohol ... the money (well, some ... doesn't always work out) is in producing and selling premium wines, premium beer and high quality spirits.

Not sure I envisage the development of a "premium" weed industry ... but than - who knows? Give it another handful of generations and our grand grand children might sit with glassed over eyes in smoke filled weed palaces and enjoy their premium grass ... but than, who would work for them to allow them to afford the luxury?

Not sure this passes my test of a good investment - and certainly not now.
    I haven't smoked much for a decade or so, so my finger is perhaps only marginally more on the pulse than yours. However, I do know quite a few people with good jobs, who smoke occasionally, and would most likely pay more for premium products in the same way they currently pay for premium alcohol. Time will tell.

Hardly a big money maker as soon as its legal and the hype faded away. Just a boring agricultural product any druggie without qualifications can grow utilising just whats left of their brain. No moat, no IP but yeah - some people work really hard to create some hype.
    govt needs to replace the declining tax take in the future from petrol , cigs unless of course you want to pay more tax.
    you forget to mention the health benefits to people from consuming weed and the premium money to be made from thses premium products.
    as for ag i see the per hectare profit from hemp is far surperior to lettuces so i imagine those current half brained weed smoking growers will do quite well growing it for a legal living.
    Last edited by bull....; 19-12-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    govt needs to replace the declining tax take in the future from petrol , cigs unless of course you want to pay more tax.
    you forget to mention the health benefits to people from consuming weed and the premium money to be made from thses premium products.
    as for ag i see the per hectare profit from hemp is far surperior to lettuces so i imagine those current half brained weed smoking growers will do quite well growing it for a legal living.
    OK, so we established it is easy to grow and the margins are a dream - given that so far the risks (of prosecution) are high. Remove this risk - wouldn't you expect competition to move into such a lucrative market like flies smelling a rotten corpse? Now - lets think about it - what does lots of competition do to an industry where the only moat is that you need to own (or lease or just use) a small patch of land (or enough pots)? Just lets consider for a moment what might happen to the margins.

But maybe one needs to consume some of the discussed product to better understand the business case ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

OK, so we established it is easy to grow and the margins are a dream - given that so far the risks (of prosecution) are high. Remove this risk - wouldn't you expect competition to move into such a lucrative market like flies smelling a rotten corpse? Now - lets think about it - what does lots of competition do to an industry where the only moat is that you need to own (or lease or just use) a small patch of land (or enough pots)? Just lets consider for a moment what might happen to the margins.

But maybe one needs to consume some of the discussed product to better understand the business case ;
    actually if you have a govt controlled market, licences are applied for to grow the stuff the fees go to the govt , the current weed smokers growers i would imagine should be allowed to work for the owners of the land being well compensated to work there magic.

by the way i get back pain regulary affects my sleep sometimes so i would like the option to legally buy weed for a better sleep without the risk of being turned into a criminal. pills have such bad side affects dont they

anyway serious money to go round for lots of people and the govt , less for crims
    Last edited by bull....; 19-12-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    by the way i get back pain regulary affects my sleep sometimes so i would like the option to legally buy weed for a better sleep without the risk of being turned into a criminal. pills have such bad side affects dont they
    Off topic - but did you consider visiting a good physio, getting somebody to assess your seating position (in front of the screen) and start regular exercise? Did miracles for me ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Now we've got that Fed nonsense out of the way we can get back to some more normal volatility. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Now we've got that Fed nonsense out of the way we can get back to some more normal volatility. Lol
    Sure is nonsense eh couts

Hyped up by the media way beyond what it really means and punters get so excited about every word that’s said.

Good sign the money men think the US economy is doing well ...our Mr Orr should be doing the same.
    Last edited by winner69; 20-12-2018 at 08:21 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

raised as market expected , im glad still shows confidence going forward