sharetrader
Page 52 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556621021525521052 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Banned

Do others on here view Diligent as a spec play? I've got quite a bit tied up in the stock(Currently running at a reasonable loss) I see it as different from the other SAS companies and Biotech in that its sitting on a big cash pile and has a great product/s which are desirable with lot of growth potential. Personally I can only see a $10 plus share in a few years but it doesn't pay a divvy so spec or not?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Do others on here view Diligent as a spec play? I've got quite a bit tied up in the stock(Currently running at a reasonable loss) I see it as different from the other SAS companies and Biotech in that its sitting on a big cash pile and has a great product/s which are desirable with lot of growth potential. Personally I can only see a $10 plus share in a few years but it doesn't pay a divvy so spec or not?
    I would view it as very speculative. PE>30 and only 3 years of financial statements i.e. no track record. For me to invest in this company I would expect growth averaging around 15% p.a for the next 20 years, if you think projecting that kind of growth isnt speculative I don't know what to say.

"its sitting on a big cash pile and has a great product/s which are desirable with lot of growth potential. " you just described every high growth spec stock on the nzx

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    I would view it as very speculative. PE>30 and only 3 years of financial statements i.e. no track record. For me to invest in this company I would expect growth averaging around 15% p.a for the next 20 years, if you think projecting that kind of growth isnt speculative I don't know what to say.

"its sitting on a big cash pile and has a great product/s which are desirable with lot of growth potential. " you just described every high growth spec stock on the nzx
    Interesting viewpoint except I don't know many other high growth stocks that are sitting on a cash pile on the NZX,all the others are cash flow negative(SAS type stocks)
    Last edited by couta1; 06-09-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Guru

IM view a reasonable spec play but questionable income play as no imputation credits
    so will they pay a dividend ?
    http://www.4-traders.com/DILIGENT-CO...52/financials/
    High PE still and growth slowing ?
    New CEO investing for growth
    So end game is what?,a take over ? by who?
    Wouldn't anyone that is going to have offered a takeover by now?

Granted I have only had a quick look at their financials and you are right their net cash position gives you a bit more confidence than the likes of companies who are burning cash or have a net debt.

However... their "cash pile" equates to 0.73c per share, if you take this into account you get a PE of 28. Still very high, still very speculative, still requiring long periods of high growth to justify.

I would like to see what valuation you place on them. It appears to me like you dont attempt to assign any value to companies by using earnings ratios, discounted cash flows or another method. Therefore any stock you purchase would be speculative.

Advanced Member

Interesting viewpoint except I don't know many other high growth stocks that are sitting on a cash pile on the NZX,all the others are cash flow negative(SAS type stocks)
    It is the kind of stock that will be really hammered in any general market selloff. I would be tempted to check out, and jump back in again when the dust settles. Of course if you own a shedload it might not be easy to exit.
    Mind you i sold out of Tenon last week on the grounds it very illiquid. Next day they announce dividends are back and price shot up. Having held for four years, i probably sold on the worst day possible. Bloody market selloffs

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    CASH is KING !!!!!!
    We need a separate thread on how to avoid the temptation to spend it on "STUFF". Is there some way to ban yourself from Trade Me's website LOL
    Don't know what you mean Roger.
    http://www.apple.com/shop/product/HA...b-starter-pack

Guru

All I am going to say is that if the fed hold interest rates, stocks will rally around the world and very quickly forget about this 'blip' we have had in recent weeks...

I have a feeling there could be a huge rebound late September

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Couta mate, please tell me you didn't buy this share because you read on Sharetrader that 'they're sitting on a huge cash pile' and 'they have good growth'.

Obviously you're a determined guy and will do whatever you want, but meant in the nicest way, I get the feeling you might be a little impressionable. Perhaps you should pick companies, DYOR, make up your own mind, THEN check Sharetrader to see if you've missed anything and if others seem to be in agreement, and not the other way around.

Hope it all pans out anyway mate
    NBT

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    … their "cash pile" equates to 0.73c per share…
    That doesn't sound like an awful lot.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly