sharetrader
Page 525 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 2542547551552152252352452552652752852953557562510251525 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,250 of 18815

Thread: Black Monday

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Questions or statements Aaron
    There is a big clue in the sentences written (hint involves punctuation).To be fair the overuse of question marks may be confusing. More like exclamation points if you use more than one at the end of a question.

IMO

World Bank warns brewing trade storm jeopardizes global economy ...https://www.afp.com/.../world-bank-w...izes-global-ec...

At the center of the turmoil, US economic growth is expected to slow this year by four tenths of a point, falling to 2.5 percent down from 2.9 percent in 2018, and to slow even further next year to 1.7 percent.

China's economy also is slowing amid the trade dispute, and growth should slip to 6.2 percent this year and next.

us markets touching resistance today 24000 , 2600 see what happens
    one step ahead of the herd

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post

Yeah, just sad. I've only managed to drip feed $27,000 into the S&P 500 over the last two months or so but now that we've had this little rally I've lost all enthusiasm. I was hoping for some more bear fireworks Oh well. Hopefully we'll see a complete collapse soon.

IMO

Its been great for me as ive had another chance to take more money off the table at better prices then expected .

Yes, I know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yeah, just sad. I've only managed to drip feed $27,000 into the S&P 500 over the last two months or so but now that we've had this little rally I've lost all enthusiasm. I was hoping for some more bear fireworks Oh well. Hopefully we'll see a complete collapse soon.
    There is something called the plunge protection team. Was brought in after Reagan and, surprise, surprise, the 1987 Stock market crash! As I understand it they have a lot of firepower to throw at the markets when they take a drive. I suspect these rallies are in part their doing. However it is only speculation, Your not allowed to report on their movements, can't be audited hence they may or may not be the buyers of key strategic assess. Reports directly to the President and I believe did so in December :

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...cks-in-trouble

Light reading

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workin...ancial_Markets

ps China are doing the same thing

us markets respecting resistances at the moment.

earnings next week start , brexit vote
    one step ahead of the herd

Stunned silence on this thread?

I reccon May's deal will be declined this week in parliament but given that the Brits don't know what they want and given that weak and inept May is the best person the UK could muster as their leader nothing will change. Brits probably ask the EU for an extension of the Brexit deadline and markets will jitter as before. More of the same.

Trump looking increasingly exhausted, isolated, old and tired. Eventually he will lose the fight, but not fast. Still lots of damage for him to do (not just) to the US economy. More of the same.

Failing a surprise - markets are likely to go down a bit for the next handful of days. The interesting question will be - will we see lower or higher lows?

What do people think?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)