sharetrader
Page 54 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758641041545541054 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Actually I just looked it up its a bit over 15 for the A class shares. I think it was around 24 at its peak.
    They should command high PEs due to their 7% growth rate.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Actually I just looked it up its a bit over 15 for the A class shares. I think it was around 24 at its peak.
    They should command high PEs due to their 7% growth rate.
    Doesn't seem too bad considering interest rates around the world are extremely low. Considering their economic growth relative to ours I reckon it makes our market look expensive.

I agree (although Chinese data isn't all that robust) and the Chinese have announced at the G20 they will increase dividends. See what I mean about being State run. Can you imagine the US or NZ government saying that !

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Doesn't seem too bad considering interest rates around the world are extremely low. Considering their economic growth relative to ours I reckon it makes our market look expensive.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    What's the average PE of stocks on the Shanghai market..last I hear was 17 but that was a couple of weeks ago, so at a guess were somewhere about 15 now ?
    Shanghai market overall PE is extremely misleading. The market PE is 15.6 which looks absolutely fine.
    But we have lots of heavy weighted bank with 6~7PE, 0.9~1PB !!

You really need to look at ShenZheng market. ShenZheng market doesn't have banks and it's mainly medium to small size companies(MC about 1.2 billion to 10 billion NZD).
    The average PE is now 32.6 and PB is 3.6. The past 4 years 2011-2014 average PE was 26.7 and PB was 3.1
    So overall we have financial sector is very cheap. Rest of the market is still expensive.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Interesting viewpoint except I don't know many other high growth stocks that are sitting on a cash pile on the NZX,all the others are cash flow negative(SAS type stocks)
    zvvv.jpg

using weekly chart for investing would have had very good reults with two trades in the last four years. Just buying using weekly CCI and placing stocks under lows would have been very good. The second trade would have been exited two weeks ago

Here is something that could bring even more volatility to the markets over the coming months, especially is Russia launches its own operations in Syria.
    http://m.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/a...ectid=11508956

Yep agree NZSilver. Both France & Britain said they were considering airstrikes in Syria to target Assad regime military. This could be the next Afghanistan, quite probably worse as they are taking on a far better equipped military than the Taliban.

have the dow sitting right on support as of Friday, if doesn't hold probably retest of lows to come
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Ooops! ment to be 73 cents or 0.73 dollars! So it is reasonable
    100x better!!
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Banned

Says a lot when the Black Monday thread is the main focus on share trader of late, lot of members ozzing red ink I'd imagine apart from the cashed up ones, sometimes silence speaks for itself aye.