sharetrader
Page 55 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859651051555551055 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Here is something that could bring even more volatility to the markets over the coming months, especially is Russia launches its own operations in Syria.
    http://m.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/a...ectid=11508956
    And this deployment is a concern
    http://presstv.ir/Detail/2015/08/25/...a-nato-Ukraine

Perhaps, but there will be some who have been bearish for sometime and have made money from the move down.
    Always a difficult time for those investors that are in the red, but is the nature of the beast.
    Can't expect it always to go one way & just reminds people that with every investment there is an element of risk, especially in this Central Bank dominated global economic model.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Says a lot when the Black Monday thread is the main focus on share trader of late, lot of members ozzing red ink I'd imagine apart from the cashed up ones, sometimes silence speaks for itself aye.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    Shanghai market overall PE is extremely misleading. The market PE is 15.6 which looks absolutely fine.
    But we have lots of heavy weighted bank with 6~7PE, 0.9~1PB !!

You really need to look at ShenZheng market. ShenZheng market doesn't have banks and it's mainly medium to small size companies(MC about 1.2 billion to 10 billion NZD).
    The average PE is now 32.6 and PB is 3.6. The past 4 years 2011-2014 average PE was 26.7 and PB was 3.1
    So overall we have financial sector is very cheap. Rest of the market is still expensive.
    Good post and welcome to the forum.

China opens down 1.5%.
    2 mins ago it rallied 2% in as many minutes.
    I was waiting for it. The government stepping in.
    G20 over the weekend, could read em like a book! ;-)
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

im not surprised they have bounced (by the Gov.)after all the celebrations--Its huge 1 or only 2 per year----All the chinese tourists were watching it on their computers at our hotel.
    Guess the test will be when it gets back to the real reasons it happened in the first place---most markets will probably do better today(barring US which is on holiday)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I agree - however I am not sure whether it is better to just let the Russians take whatever countries they please. As far as I remember - appeasement has been tried before, and it didn't work. Maybe time to invest into defense?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Says a lot when the Black Monday thread is the main focus on share trader of late, lot of members ozzing red ink I'd imagine apart from the cashed up ones, sometimes silence speaks for itself aye.
    Are you surprised at that?----Im sure if markets recover and go on their merry way,the thread will become very quiet indeed---but dont hold your breath---Its perfectly natural something had to give with an overvalued market--(of course they will do their best to tinker with it to get it running again----for how long?--well thats the question.
    Last edited by skid; 07-09-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Maybe time to invest into defense?
    ...or Attack?

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Except it matters not what the Fed do - they are not the bank in control any more. We are in Quantitative Tightening mode already and there is nothing the Fed can do about it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-reserves-fall
    KW are you just regurgitating what that article says, or do you actually believe the FED has no influence these days?

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    I already had made this point last week before that article was written. The idea that the central banks have lost control and run out of ammunition is not a new one. Its what happens when we live in a global economy where every market is connected - you cant just do your own thing in your own country and not expect other countries to be affected or retaliate.
    OK, I haven't read your earlier post. It just sounded like you were saying the FED has no influence anymore. But I agree, control is a different thing and it appears unlike the last few years, there are many other significant things at play other than the work of the FED affecting asset prices. That's not to say that if the FED holds rates there will be no reaction though, which is what I read you as saying earlier.