sharetrader
Page 579 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 7947952956957557657757857958058158258358962967910791579 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,790 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Just imagine NZ being able to sell any amount of dairy products and meat (especially lamb) to the UK without all that EU tariffs and quotas.
    Looks like UK will have substantial tariffs into Europe - at least to start with. More will stay in the UK - and regardless British can't get anywhere near what the Chinese are paying.

I wonder if the UK will struggle to import due to their currency dropping in value post Brexit.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    I wonder if the UK will struggle to import due to their currency dropping in value post Brexit.
    Music to the ears of their agriculture and fishing industries which will get a huge boost from Brexit

Just imagine NZ being able to sell any amount of dairy products and meat (especially lamb) to the UK without all that EU tariffs and quotas.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Music to the ears of their agriculture and fishing industries which will get a huge boost from Brexit
    Absolutely - BREXIT will turn the UK from an international finance and insurance centre to an agricultural producer, which means they won't be interested in a trade deal with New Zealand - they will be able to produce their agricultural produce by themselves and anyway won't have the money to pay for other peoples goods.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Heads up, Most recessions/downturns start in the Months of September or October ..

China's courts have a 99% conviction rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    China's courts have a 99% conviction rate.
    So?

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...The-Real-Story

How about NZ's court system which allows baby killers to go free because the killers are protected by the wall of silence, and other baby killers take their cue and kill more babies and children.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=11608055

Brace yourself for when the Dow opens tomorrow :

https://www.investors.com/market-tre...220&yptr=yahoo

"Dow Jones futures fell sharply Monday afternoon, along with S&P 500 futures and Nasdaq futures. On Sunday, President Donald Trump went ahead with new China tariffs on $110 billion worth of imports, including some Apple (AAPL) products for the first time. Beijing retaliated, further escalating the China trade war."

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...any-trade-deal

"Chinese state media and government advisers have said Beijing is in no rush for a trade deal, instead warning that any concessions made to the United States would be a grave error."

"Chinese state media and government advisers have said Beijing is in no rush for a trade deal, instead warning that any concessions made to the United States would be a grave error."
    And they are absolutely right. Caving in to Trump would only lead to further blackmail from the bully in charge.

While I don't particularly like Xi's undemocratic and oppressive government - I can absolutely understand their stance in this particular matter. The only thing they can do is hold their position and wait for the bully to go away - be it thanks to elections or thanks to the biological solution.

I think as well that this would be an opportunity for the still honorable governments in the world to hold together against the crook in the white house.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    And they are absolutely right. Caving in to Trump would only lead to further blackmail from the bully in charge.

While I don't particularly like Xi's undemocratic and oppressive government - I can absolutely understand their stance in this particular matter. The only thing they can do is hold their position and wait for the bully to go away - be it thanks to elections or thanks to the biological solution.

I think as well that this would be an opportunity for the still honorable governments in the world to hold together against the crook in the white house.
    Agreed. Only China now stands between the world kowtowing to the US and Trump.

Sadly for the rest of the world, Trump is a reflection of where the US as a country (and people) are at - bully boys who have been living off the hard work & toil of other countries by borrowing trillions of dollars (because they still can) to fund their purchases of goods & services made & provided by others (including the wretched migrant workers doing all the menial & dirty jobs in the US), and then threatening and waging wars on other countries to protect their 'right' to loot from other countries.