sharetrader
Page 582 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 8248253257257857958058158258358458558659263268210821582 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

how about that just got news on trade meeting , futures going higher.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia
    one step ahead of the herd

broken to the upside of range very bullish if it holds , see what happens with non farm tonight. funny thing recently now is trumps tweets have caused the market to tank and chinese tweets have caused the market to rip higher. just goes to show both sides have power to move markets.
    one step ahead of the herd

I can see the market go over 28,000 if and when the trade issues have been resolved. Its currently put the breaks on but I can see it race up there quickly at any sign of good news.

Over here, I've not bought any shares in the domestic market since early this year. I'm really struggling to find anything of value out here. There's a lot of irrational prices which I don't see being sustainable in the long run which is generally my view with the rapid rise of the nzx.

Good example of AIA which I sold out of now. Increase of about 40% in price in the past year, with a underlying profit increase of 4%, passenger growth of 2.8% and showing a PE of 43. During a downturn/recession passenger numbers will decrease like it did in 2008. I'm seeing a lot of stocks that really don't make any sense to me on paper.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    I can see the market go over 28,000 if and when the trade issues have been resolved. Its currently put the breaks on but I can see it race up there quickly at any sign of good news.

Over here, I've not bought any shares in the domestic market since early this year. I'm really struggling to find anything of value out here. There's a lot of irrational prices which I don't see being sustainable in the long run which is generally my view with the rapid rise of the nzx.

Good example of AIA which I sold out of now. Increase of about 40% in price in the past year, with a underlying profit increase of 4%, passenger growth of 2.8% and showing a PE of 43. During a downturn/recession passenger numbers will decrease like it did in 2008. I'm seeing a lot of stocks that really don't make any sense to me on paper.
    Unusual times ahead though, with yields on deposits possibly declining for years to come then even 2 or 3 percent yields on stocks start to look attractive. It is he only thing that can make the P/Es of the solid companies justifiable in the medium term. Personally prefer the likes of SUM IFT and EBO in particular as better places to park cash, but each to their own.
    Last edited by ratkin; 08-09-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Bloody hard work being a value investor in the current market conditions.

The are pockets of value on the asx, i noticed

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Bloody hard work being a value investor in the current market conditions.
    If interest rates go negative (general expectations), value becomes relative to what is available in other investments.

I am loading up on high yield stocks with favorable competitive and industry settings.

Fully expect that others (in term deposits) facing cliff face falls in interest incomes will join the party next year - albeit reluctantly.

percy

Those investors who loaded up on quality high yielding stocks a year or more ago,are not only enjoying their fat dividends,but have seen huge capital appreciation of their share portfolios too.
    With projected lower interest rates forecast, these investors will be "well positioned" for sometime yet.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Those investors who loaded up on quality high yielding stocks a year or more ago,are not only enjoying their fat dividends,but have seen huge capital appreciation of their share portfolios too.
    With projected lower interest rates forecast, these investors will be "well positioned" for sometime yet.
    Always good to be ‘ahead of the curve’ eh percy
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Always good to be ‘ahead of the curve’ eh percy
    Bit lucky with my timing.Decided to load up on the divies when I finally gave up selling books.Once I had achieved the divie income I wanted,then I had funds left over for my fun stocks.[which have been fun] .lol.
    The real fun will be trying to get to the exit should/when interest rates look set to rise.
    Last edited by percy; 08-09-2019 at 08:39 AM.