sharetrader
Page 585 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 8548553557558158258358458558658758858959563568510851585 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes, its a worry. I switched some cash to precious metals earlier in the year, in particular through a silver ETF (https://www.marketindex.com.au/asx/etpmag).

I sold my position a few weeks back for a return of just over 40 per cent (not talking big dollars here but the per cent is accurate, a lot of this was because our NZD went down substantially at the same time silver hit a three year peak. I still have a tiny gold position through PMGOLD (https://www.perthmint.com/storage/pe...-gold-asx.html) which accounts for 2.5 per cent of my total portfolio.

I'd love to buy some more but gold is almost $2500 in NZD - the most its ever been. Its much higher than in the darkest days of 2011. I just can't bring myself to buy at these levels.

Just 8 months ago gold and silver was for cranks. Now just about everyone is talking about it - just another reason I don't feel like buying it at this point in time. All of a sudden gold and silver are considered mainstream investments. But when they were 40 per cent cheaper? Not so much

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d-cuts-to-zero

I just finished reading The Mandiables this week by Lionel Shriver. I renewed my library card especially just so I could get it out. It's brilliant.

https://www.newyorker.com/books/page...rican-collapse

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not some apocalyptic weirdo. However if gold drops a little, I'm bringing my precious metal holdings back up to 5 per cent of my portfolio. If it helps me sleep a little better, its a good investment.
    Geez I must be a HUGE crank as I've been bullish and held positions in Gold Companies since Gold was around $500oz USD 12yrs+ ago ..

As for Gold having its day think it's only just started its latest Bull market

the international financial system far from back on track ?? I see more Negative rates being announced daily and many central banks even RBNZ talking about it being an option going forward>>

Its well known Gold can be leased out and return a yield>>

One company I came across

https://monetary-metals.com/investin...e-gold-leases/
    Last edited by JBmurc; 25-09-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Pelosi announces impeachment inquiry into Trump as pressure grows over alleged abuses of power

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/nanc...democrats.html

cant be positive in the short term
    one step ahead of the herd

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Pelosi announces impeachment inquiry into Trump as pressure grows over alleged abuses of power

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/nanc...democrats.html

cant be positive in the short term
    Can only be positive as we can forget those silly tweets from time to time for no reason

Impeaching is a political stunt that will fail, i think.

They have to get it past the house of reps to allow it, then 2/3 off the Senate have to judge him guilty. Even if they do, nothing may happen.

It's not a proper court, it's a political one. Also, i don't believe that most Americans know what impeach means, and any news if bad behavior will continue to be water off trump's back.

It's all a show, I think.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post

They have to get it past the house of reps to allow it, then 2/3 off the Senate have to judge him guilty. Even if they do, nothing may happen.

It's not a proper court, it's a political one. Also, i don't believe that most Americans know what impeach means, and any news if bad behavior will continue to be water off trump's back.

Agree with you there. I even think Trump (politically) will gladly have the Dems try and impeach him. Will make his re-election in 2020 a breeze. Pelosi's hand is being twister by the squad and she is committing political suicide.

Sure - draining the swamp gets more difficult if you make the largest and ugliest swamp creature its guardian. Some Americans seem to like corrupt liars without honor and decency running the show.

Still - isn't it refreshing that there are still some decent women and men left in the Democratic ranks? Shame about the GoP, though - they sold their soul to the devil (if they ever had one).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Default Numbers game could change too...........

I agree that it's all a numbers game but decent people has to try and see what's on this whistle blower stuff this time. And who knows.....

Herbacious

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    I agree that it's all a numbers game but decent people has to try and see what's on this whistle blower stuff this time. And who knows.....
    They might decide that Pence is a safer pair of hands going into the election and throw Trump under the bus. Not necessarily saying it's likely, but you can bet the GoP has thought about it at times.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Can only be positive as we can forget those silly tweets from time to time for no reason
    market rallied , must not be much to it

US indices failed again at sp 500 3020 , consolidating in the same range as last time at the highs again.