sharetrader
Page 589 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 8948953957958558658758858959059159259359963968910891589 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This mess is all Corbyn’s making
    If you put Corbyn, BoJo, the traitor Farage and all his hard core Brexiters into a bag and kick the bag than you always kick the right person.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

This mess is all Corbyn’s making
    Hate to disagree but I think it's all Cameron's making, he's the one responsible & will go down in history as Britains most reckless PM.

(I'm no fan either of Corbyn to put it mildly)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Hate to disagree but I think it's all Cameron's making, he's the one responsible & will go down in history as Britains most reckless PM.

(I'm no fan either of Corbyn to put it mildly)
    Put Cameron into the above mentioned bag as well and the result will not change ;

But its not one persons fault - what we have now is the result of British politicians of all colors blaming the EU for all the mess they used to create by themselves.

Like the fascists who blame(d) depending on the circumstances either the Jews. the Moslems or some other convenient scapegoat for all the problems their respective countries have, so did British politics blame the EU for all things the British used to screw up by themselves.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Put Cameron into the above mentioned bag as well and the result will not change ;

But its not one persons fault - what we have now is the result of British politicians of all colors blaming the EU for all the mess they used to create by themselves.

Like the fascists who blame(d) depending on the circumstances either the Jews. the Moslems or some other convenient scapegoat for all the problems their respective countries have, so did British politics blame the EU for all things the British used to screw up by themselves.
    Agree, the British made their own bed, they can now sleep in the messy sheets they put on the bed. I have friends who loved this outcome to leave, but I’m sure they will complain when the EU puts their foot down on them.

I agree but the most galling aspect is that the vote in favour was only by 2%. I have also been told by a residence in the UK they didnt bother voting because of the perceived confidence Cameron gave of the outcome. This could well break up the UK now that the Scots have a real reason to leave. I wonder what will happen to the Union Jack?

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    I agree but the most galling aspect is that the vote in favour was only by 2%. I have also been told by a residence in the UK they didnt bother voting because of the perceived confidence Cameron gave of the outcome. This could well break up the UK now that the Scots have a real reason to leave. I wonder what will happen to the Union Jack?
    Heading into the reality that the sun is finally heading below the horizon for the UK.

Great Britain?

Nothing more pathetic than a people or country deluding themselves and itself that they are still ‘great’.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    If Labour/Corbyn had shown leadership during the referendum (instead of dilly dallying around) remain would have won.

But that probably would have only deferred the nevitable but it might have played out differently
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

If Labour/Corbyn had shown leadership during the referendum (instead of dilly dallying around) remain would have won.

But that probably would have only deferred the nevitable but it might have played out differently

Corbyn is actually a Brexiteer, although he doesn't broadcast it he'd personally like Britain to leave the EU but tries to play both sides hence the dilly dallying around. That's partly why Labour under Corbyn are so hopeless.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Heading into the reality that the sun is finally heading below the horizon for the UK.

Great Britain?

Nothing more pathetic than a people or country deluding themselves and itself that they are still ‘great’.
    If Brexit indicates a pathetic delusion of exceptionalism or greatness, then only 37% of the electorate actually voted for it. The fact that 37% support can translate into an economically damaging and divisive Brexit with legal and other constitutional changes is down to the UK system.

Anyway, in the end I did add to my precious metals positions via Perth Mint Gold's fund. This is now 8% of my financial assets. It felt dirty buying gold at such high prices but whatever. I like the cut of Mark Mobius's jib and he said I should be buying gold at any price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgLGIqhpwsA&t=1s

Will I keep it at around 8%? Probably. Most of my shares are now boring utilities and other dividend payers and I have cash on hand as well. I do have Rio and BHP which will probably sh*t themselves when the recession comes but I figure the world will still need copper and other commodities so I'll look away as they get cut in half, keep the DRP going, and think of sunny uplands.

The gold position is a hedge albeit a poor man's one. But importantly it means I will be able to stay broadly invested in the markets without too much panic. I've been too long at the Fair, like most of us, and my skivvy is stained with vomit and junk food from over indulgence on some exciting rides. It's the carousal for me from now on.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 20-10-2019 at 06:48 PM.