sharetrader
Page 601 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 10150155159159759859960060160260360460561165170111011601 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

fed just saying during there press conference repo operations not changing until april now.
    one step ahead of the herd

nasty night on US markets so far

the month of january has been turned on its head due to corona virus most likely. after looking like a great month mid month % wise us markets are on verge of posting negative january month except the nasdaq.

safe haven buying is evident with the 10 yr , utilities and gold both up % wise for the month

barometers to future gdp growth have declined during january with oil , copper and the flattening of the yield curve on some parts and inversion in others again signalling possible slower growth ahead.

mentioned in december US stock market was at risk of a fall in january due to overbrought levels guess the corona virus was the catalyst for the correction we are now experiencing. how long it lasts or goes probably be totally dependant on how long or how big the virus goes i guess.

NZ and Aus stock markets had boomer mths except virus affected industries , so be interesting how they trade in feb. asx and nz seasonally normally has have a good feb probably due to dividend chasing i reckon. but with a wild card virus out there who knows these things can sometimes throw spanners in the works.

prudence is my answer.

next week we have china re - opening on monday looks like a 8 - 9% fall will happen at this stage.
    also in the us markets iowa bernie sanders result worth watching
    and of course the virus needs to be watched if it keeps going up cant be good
    Last edited by bull....; 01-02-2020 at 07:08 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    nasty night on US markets so far

the month of january has been turned on its head due to corona virus most likely. after looking like a great month mid month % wise us markets are on verge of posting negative january month except the nasdaq.

safe haven buying is evident with the 10 yr , utilities and gold both up % wise for the month

barometers to future gdp growth have declined during january with oil , copper and the flattening of the yield curve on some parts and inversion in others again signalling possible slower growth ahead.

mentioned in december US stock market was at risk of a fall in january due to overbrought levels guess the corona virus was the catalyst for the correction we are now experiencing. how long it lasts or goes probably be totally dependant on how long or how big the virus goes i guess.

NZ and Aus stock markets had boomer mths except virus affected industries , so be interesting how they trade in feb. asx and nz seasonally normally has have a good feb probably due to dividend chasing i reckon. but with a wild card virus out there who knows these things can sometimes throw spanners in the works.

prudence is my answer.

next week we have china re - opening on monday looks like a 8 - 9% fall will happen at this stage.
    also in the us markets iowa bernie sanders result worth watching
    and of course the virus needs to be watched if it keeps going up cant be good
    My answer is to ignore all the media bs, let the panickers do what they do best, make a nice cup of tea and do nothing. PS-Im nearly all in again and looking forward with great anticipation to the upcoming A2 result.
    Last edited by couta1; 01-02-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Bull...agree, its good to be prudent and manage risk. Good post.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

weekend futures implying a big fall in us stocks for monday already at this stage

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    weekend futures implying a big fall in us stocks for monday already at this stage
    On top of DOW 600 point drop on their Friday, futures currently another -560 down, almost certainly be a black Monday tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    My answer is to ignore all the media bs, let the panickers do what they do best, make a nice cup of tea and do nothing. PS-Im nearly all in again and looking forward with great anticipation to the upcoming A2 result.
    Lol couta,
    Your gona get crushed like a bug...
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Lol couta,
    4 weeks away till ATM results, a long time if the market gets a panic. No-one wants anyone being bug crushed, though I expect a gap down open tomorrow, could even look to close the gap at 13.15 in next few days. A2M will lead the way, but ATM still has a couple of hours to thrash around before ASX opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Lol couta,
    poor couta all in and what not , if i was him i would get drunk on a2 and kahlua so i miss tomorrow

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    On top of DOW 600 point drop on their Friday, futures currently another -560 down, almost certainly be a black Monday tomorrow.
    The futures closed implying very little about Monday. The -560 is the futures reflecting Friday's fall not an extra fall etc. hard to say what the market will do Monday.

The he biggest problem is trusting China's numbers which seem very controlled with about 45 deaths and 2,000 new cases each of the last 3 days. Seems a bit too convenient.