sharetrader
Page 608 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 10850855859860460560660760860961061161261865870811081608 ... LastLast
Results 6,071 to 6,080 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

I had been saying dow 30k as a target for nearly a couple years we got within 500pts to the target so close enough for me. probably pass it one day but fundamentals and technicals suggest to me thats the cycle for now if im wrong so be it.
    Anyway the continued bond yield flirtation with inversion suggests recession is coming or at the least a sharp slowdown , the virus probably the catalyst as it spreads around the world.
    money printing and buybacks will support the market but buybacks will likely end first as company profits are dented due to slowdown and the fed is on a continuing review on there qe till april at the moment.
    If you think NZ is immune i laugh NZ market follows Wall st always has and always will.
    one step ahead of the herd

Be interesting if etf's and kiwisaver funds become net sellers. Not sure if the general public pay enough attention or have the knowledge to change to cash or fixed interest.

There won't be many buyers in that case as active funds have been killed off by and large.

bollocks Ratkin- New Zealanders are one of the most outward looking people in the world in my experience- we are so isolated we have to be. Inward looking try USA or even Aus.
    Last edited by yabster; 26-02-2020 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leemsip View Post
    Be interesting if etf's and kiwisaver funds become net sellers. Not sure if the general public pay enough attention or have the knowledge to change to cash or fixed interest.

There won't be many buyers in that case as active funds have been killed off by and large.
    kiwisavers funds follow there mandate and just keep investing to the mandate they have no emotion in regard to your returns. ETF invest based on fund flows so are forced to sell or buy based on funds flowing in and out of the funds. in a panic they are forced to sell no matter what the price as an extreme example. So yea etf are a big wild card for sure
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Mayday...mayday..mayday...

Well, hope everyone is well-positioned.

Plenty enough warning about what is happening.

A man-made market downturn underway.

Banned

People are still in delusion...market is not at worst yet...people will buy in dips...wait till April n May..when the pandemic got worst n reports are in red....the lala land is kaput....

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    People are still in delusion...market is not at worst yet...people will buy in dips...wait till April n May..when the pandemic got worst n reports are in red....the lala land is kaput....
    By then, the virus will be seen in perspective just like what is happening in China.

Meanwhile, this is expected - sharp sharp falls to take the froth out of the market. Very positive development in the markets.

Not time yet to buy the dips.

Banned

Not yet balance...at least end of year...what do u think?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    The general public might finally wake up if they see their kiwi savers decline. NZers are generally a very insular bunch, with little interest in the outside world but nothing works them up more than their own money disappearing.
    I partly disagree insofar as NZ compares to other Anglophone countries. In my experience, people in NZ are less insular. For a start more than 25% of people were born overseas. I think Australia has a similar percentage of overseas born people too. The people of England, despite its previous membership of the EU, are much more inward-looking, especially outside London. It seemed to me that for many in the US, foreign news is what occurs outside their state, let alone outside the USA.

A small percentage of Kiwis may notice their KiwiSaver decline. A lot more will take notice if house prices decline.