sharetrader
Page 609 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 10950955959960560660760860961061161261361965970911091609 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,090 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Not yet balance...at least end of year...what do u think?
    Very hard to predict ... but I am pretty sure that a lot of reserve banks will soon flood the markets with cheap (or free) money - China will do that, Trump land of course (he wants to be re-elected, you know) and the ECB will no doubt follow.

I recon that any recovery will be sooner than that - and both equities and property prices will continue their relentless rise ... until the debt bubble bursts.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

CDC in america issued warning to americans today to get themselves prepared for virus

U.S. health officials issued a strong warning about novel coronavirus
    on Tuesday -- that it's no longer a matter of if, but when it will spread in the U.S., and that Americans should prepare for a "significant disruption.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=69190968

so markets wont improve until a cure is found or the virus is worldwide contained
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Leemsip View Post
    Be interesting if etf's and kiwisaver funds become net sellers. Not sure if the general public pay enough attention or have the knowledge to change to cash or fixed interest.

There won't be many buyers in that case as active funds have been killed off by and large.
    I wonder what the cash funds will do if NZ gets negative rates. I switched my meagre KiwiSaver to Conservative Balanced from growth at end of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    CDC in america issued warning to americans today to get themselves prepared for virus

U.S. health officials issued a strong warning about novel coronavirus
    on Tuesday -- that it's no longer a matter of if, but when it will spread in the U.S., and that Americans should prepare for a "significant disruption.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=69190968

so markets wont improve until a cure is found or the virus is worldwide contained
    Good news - not everybody is scaremongering:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...red-a-pandemic

The director of infectious diseases and immunology at the Menzies Health Institute in Queensland Prof Nigel McMillan, said it was concerning to see media reports over-sensationalising what a pandemic might mean.

“We don’t wish to induce panic food or petrol stockpiling, when for 95% of the population, this will be a mild cold,” he said.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I wonder what the cash funds will do if NZ gets negative rates. I switched my meagre KiwiSaver to Conservative Balanced from growth at end of last year.
    If it is meagre why bother?
    Kept mine in highest growth I could find - a bit like a bet on the side since it is a minor part of my overall retirement strategy.

Banned

Love it...when US said the human trial in 6 weeks... yesterday Trump said the vaccine is not far away...them white house said...oh the president meant Ebola vaccine....what a bunch of bull crap...

Uncle Sam is trying to save the market...well we will see the market back to record again then
    Last edited by King1212; 26-02-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    If it is meagre why bother?
    Kept mine in highest growth I could find - a bit like a bet on the side since it is a minor part of my overall retirement strategy.
    Because I review all my investments, great and small. It was the first change in allocation since 2009.

ranges on us markets markets are insane this week just like the bags under my eyes at the moment lol watching 3000 sp500 now around the level of oct/nov last year when the latest fed induced artificial rally started. keep eye on 10yr bonds breaking decisively below long term support will tank stockmarket in my opinion. funny how trump wants to censor info on virus too
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

And some thought they were buying into a relief rally in the USA mkts last nite, such volaitility in one day , DOW up 461 then ends in the red -64 atm and down 2,000 points overall, 5th straight day of losses, down 7% this week.. Green stocks were Apple, Pfizer, 3 M,Microsoft. Laggards Walt disney, Exxon, Mobil, DOW.(source CNBC)

What sorta trading were you doing in the night Bull?
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 27-02-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    And some thought they were buying into a relief rally in the USA mkts last nite, such volaitility in one day , DOW up 461 then ends in the red.5th down day and now down 2,000 points, 5th straight day of losses, down 7% this week.. Green stocks were Apple, Pfizer, 3 M,Microsoft. Laggards Walt disney, Exxon, Mobil, DOW.(source CNBC)

What sorta trading were you doing in the night Bull?
    Still open aint it JT? Down only 0.2% as we speak