sharetrader
Page 640 of 1909 FirstFirst ... 14054059063063663763863964064164264364465069074011401640 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 19086

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I don't see a problem.
    It's a matter of risk - there is no real downside to stocking up a bit on things you will use over time.
    Indeed I would encourage people to buy lots of things. If consumers stop spending we'll be in real trouble. That's why I wholeheartedly support helicopter money and UBI payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Termination of ETF'S!!! Termination of UBS exchange traded fund ETF 2 pages 140.5KB citing insufficient scale etc. Investors have until May to sell out. so maybe not a sign of things to come and a bit alarmist.

ouch.

thats going to really hurt a lot of people being forced to cash out at much lower values. Sounds just like people told me 1987 was like

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post
    Indeed I would encourage people to buy lots of things. If consumers stop spending we'll be in real trouble. That's why I wholeheartedly support helicopter money and UBI payments.
    Bring back Ben

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    ouch.

thats going to really hurt a lot of people being forced to cash out at much lower values. Sounds just like people told me 1987 was like
    Not really though, because people having to sell can get into like ETF's at the same price. So no real value lost. If you are long, you have already lost. So termination although never nice, in this case will not hurt the holders.

Guru

I am not sure how much of the share market rout is driven by individual investors. Perhaps this would be more so in the US and UK. However a great proportion of the private investors are of the older age groups. I wonder if this has made this particular market bear even worse. For the older age groups, the virus has been revealed as posing more of a threat of serious illness and indeed an existential threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    ouch.

$78m turnover so far - hardly the stuff of 1987!

Think of ice cream on a hot summer day, or a lovely warm log fire in a cabin with snow drifting down outside.

Unless of course you are in a highly leveraged or highly speculative stock - in which case, get out at all cost imo.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Not really though, because people having to sell can get into like ETF's at the same price. So no real value lost. If you are long, you have already lost. So termination although never nice, in this case will not hurt the holders.

true, my mistake I overlooked they could still sell and swap into other etfs

appreciate the concern but I’m neither leveraged or owning speculative shares. Lucky to be “well positioned” as our percy would say.

emergency meeting in japan , they been buying up heaps of equities and bonds debt etc over the years so all this tanking might be bad news for them.

looks like forced liquidation going on in bitcoin to raise funds , even gold
    Last edited by bull....; 13-03-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

... looks like some people did beat me to it. Pity it is not possible to delete spare posts anymore.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 13-03-2020 at 02:44 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

companies with to much debt on there balance sheets probably at high risk of going bust now as credit drys up soon
    one step ahead of the herd