sharetrader
Page 651 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 15155160164164764864965065165265365465566170175111511651 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    As usual you get personal as you can't counter an actual argument, China did it so it must be good or is the US involved must be bad! You should ask around here and find out about your credibility lol
    Show me your PMs (of thanks and appreciations) and I will show you mine, fair enough?

Fact is, you & your type were so busy and consumed with spreading wild rumors and conspiracies that you all completely lost perspective on your total lack of humanity - you were actually undermining those who were gallantly putting their own lives at risk to contain the outbreak in Wuhan.

Meanwhile, there were people from Germany, Australia, Canada and Italy (school children in some cases) sending messages & videos of support and solidarity to the people of Wuhan while they most desperately needed it.

Shame on you and your type.
    Last edited by Balance; 16-03-2020 at 09:34 AM.

of course if banks only cut floating rates it wont help much as most NZ people are on fixed rates and most nz people then re fix there rates once they come off so to be of any benefit banks would need to drop fixed rates by 75bp to 2.5% for 1 yr. anyway if you lose your job its not going to help. might see an increase in forced property sales in the months ahead putting an end to the property uptick as well
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    of course if banks only cut floating rates it wont help much as most NZ people are on fixed rates and most nz people then re fix there rates once they come off so to be of any benefit banks would need to drop fixed rates by 75bp to 2.5% for 1 yr. anyway if you lose your job its not going to help. might see an increase in forced property sales in the months ahead putting an end to the property uptick as well
    Not going to happen with property - special class in NZ.

What will happen is that panicked stricken investors will sell off their shares and there will be some (like me) who will regrettably help them with providing liquidity to sell off.

Sad but true.

look at AIR employees as an example..these people will need help now...lets see what the government offers tomorrow..expect it will be employees focused only..zip for small businesses...love them to prove me wrong!

think anyone looking at the share market should consider the RBNZ wording

“Demand for New Zealand’s goods and services will be constrained, as will domestic production. Spending and investment will be subdued for an extended period while the responses to the COVID-19 virus evolve,” it said.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    look at AIR employees as an example..these people will need help now...lets see what the government offers tomorrow..expect it will be employees focused only..zip for small businesses...love them to prove me wrong!
    There will be help for small businesses.

Your prediction will be like you were with your spreading of wild rumors and conspiracies on the virus containment in China?

think anyone looking at the share market should consider the RBNZ wording

“Demand for New Zealand’s goods and services will be constrained, as will domestic production. Spending and investment will be subdued for an extended period while the responses to the COVID-19 virus evolve,” it said.
    Precisely why the rate cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Precisely why the rate cut.
    yes but people need to be aware dividends now on companies which may look even more attractive now will probably not be dividends you receive in time as the slow down evolves

Off to have my cup of coffee with my regular Monday catch-up group so have a lovely day everyone!

Get comfortable with your investment portfolio (sell down if you are losing sleep and experiencing nightmares) and buckle down for one of those super-bumpy rides of your investment life.

But think about this before you listen too much to the doomsday merchants out there :

- Rate cut will unquestionably cushion the economic hard landing and provide relief to those who need it most - borrowers. Those of us who have savings can weather the storm with less income and using some of our capital. Economics 101.

- Rate cut has already resulted in NZ$ dropping below US60c - great for our export sector at a time when China (our biggest and most important trading partner) demand for our products is increasing again. Don't believe me, go and talk to exporters - my meat export contact just exported 9 containers from Affco to China - meat which had been sitting in Affco's freezers since December.

There will be stimulus coming in over the months ahead - at a time when NZ is well placed to borrow heaps without impacting on our credit rating.

Not going to be all eye fillet & wine in the year ahead but it definitely will not be all bread and water either.

Stay well and stay safe!
    Last edited by Balance; 16-03-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

But think about this before you listen too much to the doomsday merchants out there :

- Rate cut will unquestionably cushion the economic hard landing and provide relief to those who need it most - borrowers. Those of us who have savings can weather the storm with less income and using some of our capital. Economics 101.

- Rate cut has already resulted in NZ$ dropping below US60c - great for our export sector at a time when China (our biggest and most important trading partner) demand for our products is increasing again. Don't believe me, go and talk to exporters - my meat export contact just exported 9 containers from Affco to China - meat which had been sitting in Affco's freezers since December. ....
    Re rate cuts..Under Monetary Policy rate cuts is a way to manage money..these last 12 years the bias is to discourage saving and encourage spending..As NZ has a huge service industry and a thing about "must own property" these areas benefit hugely with rate cuts..Whether too much money is parked or not enough spending is causing the low inflation low growth is probably a chicken and egg thing.

Agree with what you say, but I must say that years of Media currency bashing citing Exports as a NZ economy example has made people think our primary exports are a big part of NZ economy..and lowering the NZ$ will help NZ economy overall.. I don't think that true anymore actually NZ$ drop may cause more harm overall because NZ currency is so big it is market driven,,see my other post on this subjectI I'm a believer that NZ currency long term fluctuations reflect the differing degree of economic health..and I see any long term trend NZ$ reversion as a warning sign of the future...Both NZ and the Ozzie dollars have seem worrisome during the last year or two..
    Last edited by Hoop; 16-03-2020 at 10:28 AM.