sharetrader
Page 680 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 18058063067067667767867968068168268368469073078011801680 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes check your longterm charts one year chart looks like a bargain, 5 year chart is realism.
    exactly , hardly down anything yet. i be waiting for clarity around company earnings next reporting season and by then might have some better outlook on the virus. hard to hold off mainly because they seem so cheap compared to last week but i locked my money in a term deposit lol to save myself catching a falling knife. i dont care if i miss the bottom clarity of economic outlook and company earnings is more important
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Ryman and Mainfreight 5 year charts -- that's scary.
    Check out SKT and STU!

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Check out SKT and STU!
    Yeah SKY hasn't been a pretty picture for years. Not quite the White Cliffs of Dover like Ryman tho ...

IMO

DOW has had the worst week ever and worst month since 1931 (CNBC) More to come imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    DOW has had the worst week ever and worst month since 1931 (CNBC) More to come imo.
    Is it relative worst week? So much more money around these days... massive increase in world population... massive different landscape. (I do understand how to conpare)

I think there is a good bit to go before we hit bottom. Grateful my gut gave me a warning 3 weeks ago.

This is incredible and the swing on affect on house prices in 6 months and shop fronts will be incredible.

Invest in those around you and those you can help. My money is going elsewhere for now. It's all a bit of a rocky road

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    I think there is a good bit to go before we hit bottom. Grateful my gut gave me a warning 3 weeks ago.
    Good grief, you'd be right wondering if the recession was all over today and it's all peaches and cream from here. Have you seen how exuberant the market was today, companies up 20, 30% or more!

Sure, everything except a select few have been caned, flailed, walloped, but I can't see the market continuing to price in extreme optimism that the effects of Covid on a shutdown economy ... for at least weeks, probably longer ... warrants buying with such enthusiasm.

I'm expecting lower than the low prices to come later.

Indeed. I was on the road all day and got home to see what the damage was for the day and its all green.
    A bit early to be celebrating I would have thought too.
    Lots of grief to come as companies go to the wall over the coming weeks. Mind you, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger so any winners picked will thrive with the lack of competition - once economic momentum returns.

This is may be time to rotate from growth stocks to value stocks as well. Growth stocks had one of the longest run and their P/E ratio have extended so much. Can the growth companies maintain their growth in the coming years to justify their high P/E ratio? There could be few high growth companies with strong balance sheets where they can have monopoly situation.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/432...-is-inevitable

Very impressive gains yesterday and overnight. I keep asking myself what has changed to warrant such gains and given how quickly covid-19 is spreading here and abroad I don’t really understand why, what will the week bring is the million dollar question....

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    This is may be time to rotate from growth stocks to value stocks as well. Growth stocks had one of the longest run and their P/E ratio have extended so much. Can the growth companies maintain their growth in the coming years to justify their high P/E ratio? There could be few high growth companies with strong balance sheets where they can have monopoly situation.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/432...-is-inevitable
    I don’t really understand these articles. Yeah so a company growing with extreme eps quarter and quarter is going to lag a stalwart growing at 0-3percent . When was this ever a phenomenon?