sharetrader
Page 704 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 20460465469470070170270370470570670770871475480412041704 ... LastLast
Results 7,031 to 7,040 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/11/robe...epression.html

Robert Shiller mentions the D word.

I wonder how many companies listed currently on the NZX50 will still be trading in 3 years time?

“Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on scepticism, mature on optimism and die on euphoria,”
    FAMOUSLY DESCRIBED SIR JOHN TEMPLETON.

https://leaderpost.com/sponsored/fis...-2a87867f9bed/

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/11/robe...epression.html

Robert Shiller mentions the D word.

I wonder how many companies listed currently on the NZX50 will still be trading in 3 years time?
    Exactly right - unfounded panic of fear tipping economies into Undeserved Depression.

Get the impression that there are several posters who are in that category?

I'm still investing but I'm not optimistic so am keeping plenty of powder dry.

The only advantage for me personally (and there is a lot of negatives for me) will be that i have quite a lot of work I need doing around the property including the excavation of a bank and the building of a new retaining wall. I'm pretty sure I'll be paying a lot less, possibly a fraction, for this work than I would have before the Government froze the economy. I also have a feeling that the tradesman will turn up when they say they will.

It won't be a great time. Hopefully we'll be able to get back to normal in two to three years.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 13-04-2020 at 12:38 PM.

The only advantage for me personally (and there is a lot of negatives for me) will be that i have quite a lot of work I need doing around the property including the excavation of a bank and the building of a new retaining wall. I'm pretty sure I'll be paying a lot less, possibly a fraction, for this work than I would have before the Government froze the economy. I also have a feeling that the tradesman will turn up when they say they will.

It won't be a great time. Hopefully we'll be able to get back to normal in two to three years.
    Beyond our control, Bobdn.

We cannot calm the storm out there - we can keep calm ourselves however, observe developments as they unfold out there and act accordingly.

The storm will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    Singapore is flaring up again so it’s clear that even in the best case scenario multiple rounds of infection are possible and even likely.
    I forgot to mention another chinese city has gone into lockdown like wuhan

Wuhan may be celebrating, but another Chinese city has gone into lockdown over coronavirus

Wuhan may be celebrating, but another Chinese city has gone into lockdown over coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/world/anothe...virus-lockdown

china hasnt got it under control really either
    one step ahead of the herd

Met a self employed painter/decorator on our walk yesterday (while maintaining appropriate social distancing). He's a little concerned that the jobs he had lined up pre-lockdown will be gone post, due to a combination of clients having lost their jobs, or they having done the work themselves while in lockdown.
    Last edited by Cyclical; 13-04-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Total recovered in Germany: 60,300
    Total recovered in Spain: 62391
    Total recovered in Iran: 43894

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/12/spain-eases-lockdown-as-rate-of-coronavirus-infections-hits-new-low

Spain eases lockdown as rate of coronavirus infections hits new low

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Met a self employed painter/decorator on our walk yesterday (while maintaining appropriate social distancing). He's a little concerned that the jobs he had lined up pre-lockdown will be gone post, due to a combination of clients having lost their jobs, or they having done the work themselves while in lockdown.
    That's good news ...to me anyway

Might get the house painted after all this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Beyond our control, Bobdn.

We cannot calm the storm out there - we can keep calm ourselves however, observe developments as they unfold out there and act accordingly.

The storm will pass.
    Would you rather get 100 shares of X for $1 each or 200 for 50c each, notwithstanding that $1 or lower represents "good value"?