sharetrader
Page 737 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 23763768772773373473573673773873974074174778783712371737 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,370 of 18992

Thread: Black Monday

Let's get back to the thread topic? Big events this week are obviously more business opening up, level 3 inc and stimulus tapering in the US.

Personally I think everyone in the market still too euphoric and will take some time for reality to set in.

I certainly won’t be waiting in no line ..only got subway where I live ... fish n chips Thai etc my fav anyway ...what I’m really waiting for is the Golf courses to open again on Tuesday last round was at a brilliant championship course early March my poor lawn has many divots from practice..hoping the rain stays away ..

As too the markets ... reality will set in once we are out of lockdown plus the fact many newly jobless shareholders will be cashing in ... I see a progressive move downwards next several months for many companies values
    Last edited by JBmurc; 27-04-2020 at 09:05 AM.

NZX closed today as Anzac Day is mondayrised

If that wasn't enough, Goldman also has an ominous warning #2, namely that sharp declines in market breadth in the past, of the kind we see now, have often signaled large market drawdowns. For example, in addition to the Tech Bubble, breadth narrowed ahead of the recessions in 1990 and 2008 and the economic slowdowns of 2011 and 2016. This is also observed empirically, as historically sharply narrowing breadth has signaled below-average 1-, 3-, and 6-month S&P 500 returns as well as larger-than-average prospective drawdowns.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/go...-just-5-stocks

The Market Is Now Just 5 Stocks: S&P Now More Concentrated In Top 5 Names Then Ever

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ma...ames-then-ever

bit like NZ too ATM ,FPH to name a couple

One Of Them Is Wrong: Kolanovic Sees Record S&P In First Half Of 2021, Billionaire Paul Singer Sees 50% Crash

Once again, Kolanovic has outdone himself: instead of using the ERP which at least has some credibility, the quant has decided to stake his entire credibility on a model that even first year ibanking associates mock at every opportunity for the simple reason that a DCF is nothing more than any attempt to demonstrate just how familiar one is with the goalseek function in excel

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/on...singer-sees-50

bit like on sharetrader too
    Last edited by bull....; 27-04-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Don’t fall for the click bait article.

How is your tenant making bucks?

The restaurant has zero revenue but has to cover:

1. At least 80% of the wages of the retained employees, with the subsidy being paid up to a maximum of $585,

2. All fixed costs like rent, utilities, leases, equipment hire and for those with loans, interest.

I am helping a friend who owns several good outlets and he is out of pocket to the tune of $2,500+ per week paying his 30 staff 80% of their wages.
    We're in the same boat and have cut the lease down for our hospitality tenant for a couple of months. It's going to be a bloodbath out there in that sector, so I'd rather have some money coming in now than none, AND potentially having to deal with liquidators sealing the place shut.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think MR Black should have just shut up in first place

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12327676
    The facts presented in the original article were very tame compared to the headline. I think the article amounts to click bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    We're in the same boat and have cut the lease down for our hospitality tenant for a couple of months. It's going to be a bloodbath out there in that sector, so I'd rather have some money coming in now than none, AND potentially having to deal with liquidators sealing the place shut.
    Retailers in shopping malls have started receiving offers of reduced rentals for the duration of the lock-down.

Anything from 25% to 50%.

I understand the retailers have all held firm and refused to accept the offers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Retailers in shopping malls have started receiving offers of reduced rentals for the duration of the lock-down.

Anything from 25% to 50%.

I understand the retailers have all held firm and refused to accept the offers.
    What they are just happy paying full rent? Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    What they are just happy paying full rent? Or am I missing something?
    Nope - bigger reductions plus deferment of any overdue rentals for 6 months.

Which is fair enough imo.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I certainly won’t be waiting in no line ..only got subway where I live ... fish n chips Thai etc my fav anyway ...what I’m really waiting for is the Golf courses to open again on Tuesday last round was at a brilliant championship course early March my poor lawn has many divots from practice..hoping the rain stays away ..
    At our club, over the hill from Atown, they've gone for missing every 2nd tee time - so instead of every 8 minutes, then 16 minutes apart......

Given you can only play in your bubble (by yourself or maybe with your significant other), basically 4 or 5 can play per hour. Was booked out for at least the next week within a couple of hours.

There are some unhappy people!!