sharetrader
Page 764 of 1908 FirstFirst ... 26466471475476076176276376476576676776877481486412641764 ... LastLast
Results 7,631 to 7,640 of 19072

Thread: Black Monday

老外

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    2,500 people work in commercial fishing and aquaculture operations at sea. The New Zealand seafood industry had a total export earning (FOB) of $1.8 billion in seafood exports in 2018.=====$720,000 per person
    Indeed, but fishing also comes with a significant environmental footprint. But I do agree that it is a highly productive industry for NZ, mainly down to quality and being a premium product. Unfortunately without depleting stocks more, it can't really expand much. As processing becomes more and more automated, hopefully this number will also rise. Unfortunately it goes into the back pockets of a very concentrated few.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Indeed, but fishing also comes with a significant environmental footprint. But I do agree that it is a highly productive industry for NZ, mainly down to quality and being a premium product. Unfortunately without depleting stocks more, it can't really expand much. As processing becomes more and more automated, hopefully this number will also rise. Unfortunately it goes into the back pockets of a very concentrated few.
    Im thinking "Farm" the fish as in setup laboratory environments for egg harvesting/ fertilisation, on-grow to defined size in holding tanks, release sprats to defined areas. Its a lot of work but also results in new productive and sustainable industries.

We definitely cant just increase boats and deplete whats naturally out there now, we would end up killing off the supply. We must create structural operations and environments to manage and refine the interlinked processes. Expand the concept to include some varieties of Kelp, for the food and medical markets, and Prawn farms.

I have a feeling that globally speaking, Food will be the new Gold
    Last edited by arc; 08-05-2020 at 02:58 PM.

US yield curve getting steeper

Good sign for future growth

Cool
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Is this what is holding the NZ market up?

https://www.interest.co.nz/personal-...ent-done-their

If I read that graph correctly, during the month of April, retail investors purchased $200m more shares than they sold. That is quite some whack.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Is this what is holding the NZ market up?

https://www.interest.co.nz/personal-...ent-done-their

If I read that graph correctly, during the month of April, retail investors purchased $200m more shares than they sold. That is quite some whack.
    I read that sharesies members over the past year have grown from 14000 to 146000 and over $300m invested so theres a good chunk. Rough figures from memory but I know the 300m+ is accurate

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    I read that sharesies members over the past year have grown from 14000 to 146000 and over $300m invested so theres a good chunk. Rough figures from memory but I know the 300m+ is accurate
    Yeah I saw the figures, but what I mean is the net purchase over net sales. If it is $200m that is huge. Wonder when the inertia will end and we could see some selling?

Yeah I saw the figures, but what I mean is the net purchase over net sales. If it is $200m that is huge. Wonder when the inertia will end and we could see some selling?
    Personally my view point remains the same that it won't happen this time around. Share market remains disconnected from the economy and I've been buying based on that belief. I may be wrong I may be right who knows. V shaped recovery in NZ will bring/keep international money flowing in and (compared to the US and parts of europe) we will return to rockstar economic status, bar airlines and tourism sectors.

Membaa

Question is imo who is selling to retail volumes and do they know better. Imbalance points to smart big money knows something that not so smart small money doesn’t know?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Question is imo who is selling to retail volumes and do they know better. Imbalance points to smart big money knows something that not so smart small money doesn’t know?

Bear in mind that many of the Sharesies entrants will be those previously locked out of the market or can't be bothered with big main street expensive traditional Cost + brokers before Sharesies came along -- so much of it new money - perhaps some sitting in low interest bank savings accounts..

What is selling & how much higher is probably a further pertinent question..
    Last edited by nztx; 08-05-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Yeah I saw the figures, but what I mean is the net purchase over net sales. If it is $200m that is huge.
    Is it though?

Even the NZX does $100M every day and XRO on the ASX today did $A40M all by itself, so in relation to the market overall 200m is not huge I wouldn't think.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....