sharetrader
Page 782 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 28268273277277877978078178278378478578679283288212821782 ... LastLast
Results 7,811 to 7,820 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

All seems like part of the volatility we see these days anyway.

If you're so sure of rising markets have you doubled down, mortgaged to the hilt and thrown everything in the market? Or are you only sitting with a toe in the water and yelling at the people on the shore saying the water is fine.

I certainly couldn't dream of knowing what will happen, and the extreme views people are so sure of on here make for about as much sense as political sided arguments.
    So much conviction and so little evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The doomsday merchants licking their wounds and staring enviously at the gains made in the market.

Blaming the Fed & Central Banks for printing money to avert a depression and severe market crash!

Isn’t the sharemarket a fun place to observe human behaviour? 🤔
    This is me! Wish I'd stuck to my asset allocation, I had congratulated myself for getting out at the top (read up lots on COVID early). Never got back in. Now wondering if should, but convincing myself that my buying will mark the top. Money printing and TINA to the fore which I greatly underestimated. My kiwisaver now largely consists of great wads of govt bonds earning between about 1% to -0.5% nominal with a duration of c.5 years. Horrible! Negative real returns likely. It is a real conumdurm. I have to say the most attractive asset class right now looks like Christchurch family homes, which look to be cashflow positive on the back of 5 year BNZ 2.99% pa, my better half not keen though. Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Traderx View Post
    This is me! Wish I'd stuck to my asset allocation, I had congratulated myself for getting out at the top (read up lots on COVID early). Never got back in. Now wondering if should, but convincing myself that my buying will mark the top. Money printing and TINA to the fore which I greatly underestimated. My kiwisaver now largely consists of great wads of govt bonds earning between about 1% to -0.5% nominal with a duration of c.5 years. Horrible! Negative real returns likely. It is a real conumdurm. I have to say the most attractive asset class right now looks like Christchurch family homes, which look to be cashflow positive on the back of 5 year BNZ 2.99% pa, my better half not keen though. Hmm
    There is risk both ways in investing. In hindsight, I could have made way more money over my life if I had just gone all out borrowing to the hilt and buying assets. But I'd never have slept at night coz of the risk of being wiped out. In my view, balanced investing is never being fully committed either way and adjusting the commitment to any asset depending on what you perceive to be the risks - knowing that you are never likely to be right. Depends if you are an investor or a gambler. As an investor, if I was all out right now, or at anytime (which I never would be), I would be looking to get back in. But for gamblers, they might want to be more discerning about their timing.

Agreed - it’s all about being able to sleep well at nights.

No point over-committing and then, making mistakes due to emotional stress when the markets gyrate about.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by martinchnz1 View Post
    All seems like part of the volatility we see these days anyway.

If you're so sure of rising markets have you doubled down, mortgaged to the hilt and thrown everything in the market? Or are you only sitting with a toe in the water and yelling at the people on the shore saying the water is fine.

I certainly couldn't dream of knowing what will happen, and the extreme views people are so sure of on here make for about as much sense as political sided arguments.
    So much conviction and so little evidence.
    History repeats again,again and again.What evidence are you looking for?

even big funds cant make sense of thngs

The apostles of "value investing" have called the top of the COVID-19 equity rally. The closely watched GMO fund has been liquidating its holdings on US and European sharemarkets and buying hedges at a breakneck pace over recent days, warning clients that the explosive surge in prices since late March has decoupled from fundamentals and is becoming treacherous. "The huge reversal does not make any sense," it said

https://www.afr.com/markets/equity-m...0200527-p54ww8

momo lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Japan considers fresh $1.1 trillion stimulus to combat economic impact of coronavirus pandemic

The stimulus, which will be funded partly by a second extra budget, will be on top of a $1.1 trillion package already rolled out last month

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/27/japa...emic-pain.html

whats another trillion lol i also hear ECB looking at more too. the presses are running hot thats for sure lots of zombie companies to keep alive
    Last edited by bull....; 27-05-2020 at 04:04 PM.

bnz slashing term deposits too

BNZ makes further cuts to both home loan and term deposit rates, and resets its Standard mortgage rates lower across the board

https://www.interest.co.nz/personal-...and-resets-its

I wonder when will be the saturation point that even the most greedy of the market participants says bugger off, I can't stand any more of this sugar, even wafer slim. I expect this will be when the corrupt fed starts buying shares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRpt4a6H99c

IMO

LOL thanks for the wafer thin. Tell you what im sleeping real easy being largely out of the mkt since feb.I have a list of stocks to buy back into during the carnage im sure is coming. looks like i may get a chance soon to start looking at BBOZ again too.