sharetrader
Page 795 of 1901 FirstFirst ... 29569574578579179279379479579679779879980584589512951795 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,950 of 19003

Thread: Black Monday

Banned

Hyper inflation bull..... government printing money to pay bills. Eventually all debts will be worthless.

Assests will be higher n higher such as skc....kpg..arg....gold.... retirement stocka...or any companies that have good assests will go up n up

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Market Cap Of Bankrupt Hertz Approaches $1 Billion Amid Unstoppable Flood Of Retail Buyers

Why is the market cap of a bankrupt company where the vast majority of its bonds will be impaired and the pre-petition equity will receive nothing, trading at such a price? The answer can be found, as in so many other cases these days, with Robin Hood where almost 80,000 new buyers have emerged since the company filed for bankruptcy, sending the company stock soaring even though it is patently worthless

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ma...-retail-buyers
    Old news... the latest Robin Hood data shows 115k user holdings!

Interesting tool to track sentiment. Only 70k users hold Zoom?!? But 665k hold American Airlines, 321k hold United Airlines and 590k hold Delta Airlines.

Lot of support for GE too. Checkout their leaderboard and popularity changes.
    Last edited by Jaa; 09-06-2020 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Old news... the latest Robin Hood data shows 115k user holdings!

Interesting tool to track sentiment. Only 70k users hold Zoom?!? But 665k hold American Airlines, 321k hold United Airlines and 590k hold Delta Airlines.

Lot of support for GE too. Checkout their leaderboard and popularity changes.
    like you say good tool for sentiment. amazing the numbers of punters in some of these beaten up stocks , must be smart punters eh
    one step ahead of the herd

like you say good tool for sentiment. amazing the numbers of punters in some of these beaten up stocks , must be smart punters eh
    I was expecting to find lots of tech, cannabis stocks, tesla and artificial meat but instead just stared at GE in second place with 800k punters

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

All is great in America, just ask the man at the top he will tell you so
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    I was expecting to find lots of tech, cannabis stocks, tesla and artificial meat but instead just stared at GE in second place with 800k punters
    too be honest i looked at ge last year as i thought it could be a turnaround , they have some good parts , but also some bad parts and pension liabilities is big and of course covid hasnt helped them
    Last edited by bull....; 09-06-2020 at 07:50 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Market Cap Of Bankrupt Hertz Approaches $1 Billion Amid Unstoppable Flood Of Retail Buyers

Why is the market cap of a bankrupt company where the vast majority of its bonds will be impaired and the pre-petition equity will receive nothing, trading at such a price? The answer can be found, as in so many other cases these days, with Robin Hood where almost 80,000 new buyers have emerged since the company filed for bankruptcy, sending the company stock soaring even though it is patently worthless

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ma...-retail-buyers
    A few points to note before you get too far down the track of thinking that the investors there are dumb:

1. Chapter 11 is a true & tested way of how US companies are able to restructure debts and operations to have a good chance of emerging in an operational state.

2. $1 billion sounds like a lot but in the context of the US market, is equivalent to $2.5m on NZX. US market - US$35 trillion vs NZX $74 billion. The whole of NZX (including the fictitious Market cap of Oz banks In the index) is less than 10% of a stock like Apple or Amazon.
    Last edited by Balance; 09-06-2020 at 08:44 AM.

In a bit of non-news for the market, The US is now officially in a recession. Do fundamentals justify prices already returning to early 2020 levels, when shares were already overvalued?

To quote US economist Joseph Stiglitz: "If the reason that the price is high today is only because investors believe that the selling price will be high tomorrow - when fundamental factors do not seem to justify such a price - then a bubble exists."

Looking at the DOW on the daily - it's going parabolic. Parabolic moves rarely end with a 'levelling off'.

I think Baa Baa has the right idea.

First Buffet got shaken out of the airlines by retail holders, now Icahn shaken out of Hertz by the same mob

Let's get Karen from Wichita, Kansas on the next CNBC Money Minute and ask what she's gonna pick up next. Screw these so called experts.
    Last edited by Entrep; 09-06-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    No hindsight, Entrep - been sticking my neck out via my posts & providing balance against the doom & gloom from the likes of you, bull and numerous others in the last 3 months.
    You've been name calling and personally gloating victory over the bears. I just post my views - whether you agree or disagree with them, I don't really care.