sharetrader
Page 8 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218581085081008 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Investor

Yes Roger, I don't think carnage is quite done yet...

This type of day has been due. If you have purchased solid stocks in solid companies for the long-term, preferably with a good dividend yield, then all should be well. I a going to be very interested in the overseas markets, again long term holdings of good companies should hold up well. It all seems to be cyclical and it makes for interesting news! I just hope that the NZD stays low and even tracks a bit lower. Days like today make me thankful that I am not a trader....I literally don't have the b**ls for it.

Literally, metaphorically or just an unfortunate farm accident?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    This type of day has been due. If you have purchased solid stocks in solid companies for the long-term, preferably with a good dividend yield, then all should be well. I a going to be very interested in the overseas markets, again long term holdings of good companies should hold up well. It all seems to be cyclical and it makes for interesting news! I just hope that the NZD stays low and even tracks a bit lower. Days like today make me thankful that I am not a trader....I literally don't have the b**ls for it.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

percy

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    NZ and Australia have actually gotten off lightly - Hong Kong down 5.2%, Japan down 4.2%, India down 4.1%
    We must be "well positioned" then.!!! lol.

On my rounds and just a little behind..

If this carries on, Rod Duke will be a shoe-in to get KMD at $1.80...lol.
    Heck he might even get half the ASX for that......

Quote Originally Posted by drcjp View Post
    If this carries on, Rod Duke will be a shoe-in to get KMD at $1.80...lol.
    Heck he might even get half the ASX for that......
    I suspect he's starting to rue the day he ever dreamed up such a crazy takeover...especially seeing as he's already bought out a whole bunch of institutions for $1.80 cash. Consumer confidence plumbing multi year lows is hardly conducive for big spenders cutting loose at KMD stores helping make KMD directors dreams of restoring descent profitability a reality is it ! The independent valuation probably needs to be moved to the fiction section of the investment library about now I would have thought.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-08-2015 at 06:05 PM.

Though there's still tomorrow to come, that wasn't so bad, was it? My portfolio is only down less than 2.3% so I only got a few more shares for 2 stocks to add. And one of them is XRO

IMO

You want more!!! Plenty more coming ; this is just the beginning .Volatility ahead ,No exit for many days ; Steep gradient; Sharp turns ahead; Furry animals crossing road ; Slow down. Then again I'm hoping its a storm in a teacup but thats wishful methinks.

Those that "panicked" early on the ASX and sold when it was only down 2% didn't do too badly did they ! My best performing investment on the day is my dogs. They still wag their tails and make me happy