sharetrader
Page 816 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 31671676680681281381481581681781881982082686691613161816 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,160 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

U.S. Economy Shrinks at Record 32.9% Pace in Second Quarter

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

looks like the stock team came out to stop the equity rout again. watching the US 10 yr verge of big breakdown i reckon and all the associated fireworks that will come from that
    Last edited by bull....; 31-07-2020 at 07:43 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Investor

Both Amazon and Apple have blown their earnings big time and Apple announces 4 for 1 stock split. Techs are the future in this new world normal.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Both Amazon and Apple have blown their earnings big time and Apple announces 4 for 1 stock split. Techs are the future in this new world normal.
    huge beats and not all that surprising I guess considering they are the stay at home trades due to virus. people getting home deliveries from amazon and updating there phones , laptops and ipads etc why at home
    Last edited by bull....; 31-07-2020 at 08:39 AM.

That's what the Dutch people said in 1630 about tulip bulbs ...

While it is no question that some techs did well recently .... am I wondering when people will realize that they can't eat Apple's i-pads, that Google's virtuell world won't keep them warm and dry and that facebook for sure won't cure them when they are sick.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Somewhat guilty , your honour of the pessimision of disbelief.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/here-why-stock-market-focused-reality-like-laser-beam-ken-fisher
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 31-07-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    That's what the Dutch people said in 1630 about tulip bulbs ...

While it is no question that some techs did well recently .... am I wondering when people will realize that they can't eat Apple's i-pads, that Google's virtuell world won't keep them warm and dry and that facebook for sure won't cure them when they are sick.
    I think you missed the point, its not about eating what they produce (like i-pads etc), rather how businesses are transacted in the new world compared to traditional ways.

These companies provide digital means to transact businesses where traditional methods fail currently due to the pandemic.
    Last edited by sb9; 31-07-2020 at 10:20 AM.

I think you missed the point, its not about eating what they produce (like i-pads etc), rather how businesses are transacted in the new world compared to traditional ways.

These companies provide digital means to transact businesses where traditional methods fail currently due to the pandemic.
    I think you missed the point ; Despite all this digital grease potentially making lots of things easier (from worldwide communicating over rigging elections through to generating alternative facts) - none of these things satisfies humans basic needs.

Have a look at Maslow's pyramid of needs and have a hard think about how many of the lower level needs are provided by the current stock exchange darlings. Any?

The latest crisis caused a further dramatic increase of global inequality. Shares up (more money for the haves), und food supplies down (less for the have not's). We are producing at an amazing rate more have not's.

I think the current trend is likely to result in the not too far future into various revolutions (in its original meaning) - societies, stock markets, political systems will turn belly up. It is just the time of the seculum ...

Obviously - I don't know either how the future will look like, but I am pretty sure that most people will always prioritize food and shelter for themselves and their family over face book and twitter, which brings us back to Maslow and his pyramid of needs.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I think you missed the point ; Despite all this digital grease potentially making lots of things easier (from worldwide communicating over rigging elections through to generating alternative facts) - none of these things satisfies humans basic needs.

Have a look at Maslow's pyramid of needs and have a hard think about how many of the lower level needs are provided by the current stock exchange darlings. Any?

The latest crisis caused a further dramatic increase of global inequality. Shares up (more money for the haves), und food supplies down (less for the have not's). We are producing at an amazing rate more have not's.

I think the current trend is likely to result in the not too far future into various revolutions (in its original meaning) - societies, stock markets, political systems will turn belly up. It is just the time of the seculum ...

Obviously - I don't know either how the future will look like, but I am pretty sure that most people will always prioritize food and shelter for themselves and their family over face book and twitter, which brings us back to Maslow and his pyramid of needs.
    Let's agree to disagree on our viewpoints, I know what's worked for me and will work in future

black monday for nz coming ?

Anyone who was in Queenstown from July 1 to 4 and has since developed Covid-19 symptoms should get tested immediately, health authorities say

It has raised fears of community transmission in New Zealand

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12352575

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    black monday for nz coming ?

Anyone who was in Queenstown from July 1 to 4 and has since developed Covid-19 symptoms should get tested immediately, health authorities say

It has raised fears of community transmission in New Zealand

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12352575
    4 weeks later?? If it was there wouldn't it have spread by now??