sharetrader
Page 871 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 37177182186186786886987087187287387487588192197113711871 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,710 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    Maybe you should read about who it is your quoting. If this is NZ then the USA is beyond hope.
    The article i quoted had good stats and reference articles in it which I view as reputable, and I am only referring to the flu alone here and its relationship to Covid 19 as far as vaccines are concerned.

Advanced Member

I feel so dismayed by the absolute thoughtlessness, ignorance & self-centerness of those who say healthy adults don't need to have a flu shot.
    There are a large group of people of all ages who vaccines won't work for.
    Those with suppressed immune systems through something like chemotherapy or one of the many chronic auto immune suppressed illnesses.
    For a vaccine to work, a good immune system is needed to produce an antibody, so those with compromised immune systems can't produce a reaction to a vaccine.
    If you disagree, wait till someone close to you, your child or yourself is on chemo & then see how you feel about those who so easily could, but argue against or don't worry about being a vector or keeping flu (or one of the many diseases we can now safely vaccinate against) out of the general population.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    I feel so dismayed by the absolute thoughtlessness, ignorance & self-centerness of those who say healthy adults don't need to have a flu shot.
    Those with suppressed immune systems through something like chemotherapy or one of the many chronic auto immune suppressed illnesses.
    For a vaccine to work, a good immune system is needed to produce an antibody, so those with compromised immune systems can't produce a reaction to a vaccine.
    If you disagree, wait till someone close to you, your child or yourself is on chemo & then see how you feel about those who so easily could, but argue against or don't worry about being a vector or keeping flu (or one of the many diseases we can now safely vaccinate against) out of the general population.
    I've literally worked with tens of thousands of elderly in retirement homes and in the community who take the flu shot every year and i understand why, however if you are a healthy individual even an elderly one then why put **** in your body you don't need, but people are welcome to if they so desire.

Absolutely agree. I was in the same situation when my wife was after cancer surgery in chemo.

It is absolutely heartbreaking to watch selfish ignorant and righteous individuals for no good reason wilfully endangering the life of the people you love and others, just because they can.

Disgraceful behaviour.

Anyway - not really the right thread for it, though the header line is sort of fitting. I shall refrain from further vaccination discussion on this thread.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Thanks for that post. ..
    Last edited by Bjauck; 17-11-2020 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Duplicate of BP's sentiments

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I've literally worked with tens of thousands of elderly in retirement homes and in the community who take the flu shot every year and i understand why, however if you are a healthy individual even an elderly one then why put **** in your body you don't need, but people are welcome to if they so desire.
    There is still a chance even healthy people get a flu despite a vaccination - I would never visit my (vaccinated) elderly relative, even when they moved into care, even if I had a slight sniffle.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 17-11-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    There is still a chance even healthy people get a flu despite a vaccination - I would never visit my (vaccinated) elderly relative, even when they moved into care, even if I had a slight sniffle.
    Good advice. It doesn't stop all types of flus as there are too many. The most potent strains that year are vaccinated against. Covid is obviously a specific strain of flu for now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    This statement is plainly wrong. While it is correct that the flu fatality risk for "normal healthy individuals" is low - they are (when infected) still spreading the virus around to less healthy parts of society who well may die from the flu.
    Ironic that we have to take the flu shot to protect the rest of the population that is vaccinated against the flu.
    If we can still get the flu once vaccinated then I am with Couta - the risk of getting something vs the risk of something going wrong protecting against that risk isn't odds I am playing.

However, the market seem delighted that those who want to take the risk will soon have that option.

I miss Bali - I'm getting it as soon as I can. Bintang on the beach... oh the joy

Investments

[QUOTE=dabsman;857304]I miss Bali - I'm getting it as soon as I can. Bintang on the beach... oh the joy[/QUOTE

They are thinking of banning alcohol consumption in Bali ...3 years jail term proposed ...

Do u still want to go there ? lol