sharetrader
Page 881 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 38178183187187787887988088188288388488589193198113811881 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,810 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Ultimately the value of an investment is determined by the discounted value of all its generated future cashflows. For all digital currencies the summed value of their future generated cashflows (of which there aren't any) is zero. That is where the investment value of all digital currencies is ultimately heading. That doesn't mean the value of Bitcoin and other digital currencies won't go up in the short term. But if you are an 'investor' in digital currencies, don't leave it too late to get off this particular investment bus.

SNOOPY
    hallelujah
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    I believe you will find that there is still a significant amount of trade being conducted for cash.
    No need to legalize dope to cash in on the tax if you switch to digitial currency.
    Money laundering will be significantly more difficult prospect.
    Federal systems finally woke up to the threat that Bitcoin and the likes of Zuckerberg, Bezos, and co are if they get established as a global currency. No control, no clipping of the ticket as money moves between borders.
    I think you will find the digital war will heat up over the next 12 months as muscles are flexed.

(Not currently a player .. just watching with interest)
    You are saying that a government mandated 'digital currency' will be a way to tax the 'cash economy' that is currently flying under the 'tax radar'? I think you have a point.

What does this say about 'bitcoin' though? It would still be less 'stable' than a government mandated digital currency. I can't see anyone asking to be paid their wages in bitcoin for example. Nevertheless, I guess there is a genuine case for bitcoin to become the de-facto currency of crime. Is that a good reason to invest in it though?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

You are saying that a government mandated 'digital currency' will be a way to tax the 'cash economy' that is currently flying under the 'tax radar'? I think you have a point.

What does this say about 'bitcoin' though? It would still be less 'stable' than a government mandated digital currency. I can't see anyone asking to be paid their wages in bitcoin for example. Nevertheless, I guess there is a genuine case for bitcoin to become the de-facto currency of crime. Is that a good reason to invest in it though?

SNOOPY
    think your be paid your wages in digital NZD as for bitcoin being used as the de-facto currency of crime i dont think so. maybe a little in the past but it is dominated by speculators now.
    it was the creation of cash which was the biggest crime , swindled the masses out of there gold backed wealth.
    one step ahead of the herd

SNOOPY
    Wages paid in Bitcoin would be like paying cash under the table today - although with a "paper trail" that I am sure IRD will be looking for the powers to follow if they don't already have them.
    It still stands as a viable investment as a global currency if you are looking to move money around the world, or if you think your currency is less stable.

Personally, I haven't invested in it despite the high returns on offer in recent times. It always seemed a bit of a lottery as to who would succeed and to what extent, but as it becomes mainstream I think you will see a significant shift that way. Not just from the nefarious elements.

Banned

Trump really is a bad loser....

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Trump really is a bad loser....
    All good stuff, King1212 - love the way he is destroying the Republican Party and getting Americans to tear at each other.

Hopefully, the world will be free from American interference, hypocrisy and the peddling of their weapons of destruction and death for a while.

Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    All good stuff, King1212 - love the way he is destroying the Republican Party and getting Americans to tear at each other.

Hopefully, the world will be free from American interference, hypocrisy and the peddling of their weapons of destruction and death for a while.

Wonderful!
    to be replaced with some other country just the same , but with there own ideoligies?

US markets hitting new highs , blue wave not a big deal as more money printing is needed to finance the coming stimulus , infrastructure.

hope some of you had some tesla , musk nearly the richest man on the planet now thx to tesla share price being up big time now that people realize the implications of the power company he has created. huge disrupter his company is.

bitcoin still on fire as we are nearly at 40k rsi at 95 on the weekly dailies etc so im out now

cannabis stocks looking potentially good as vice president harris will look to pass laws at federal level now to make cannabis legal in all ways of life for health and recreation.

industrials and materials also good areas to look as well.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/feds-...181220082.html

Almost zero interest rates until 2024.

The boom continues.

IMO

Inflation may be closer then we think.