sharetrader
Page 889 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 38978983987988588688788888989089189289389993998913891889 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,890 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    WallStreetBets has been shut down (temporarily?) on Reddit.

Wall St ‘influence’ I guess
    The mods took it down as they were getting overloaded. Reddit didn't shut them down. Their Discord server got shutdown by Discord, no doubt due to pressure.

even goldman sachs is in on the gme trend they put out a note saying ivc in aus was a target for the social media crowd. the stock jumped big time today
    one step ahead of the herd

There is going to be more of this. Social media users armed with a Robinhood app are going to be making more of these bets going forward. There is little sympathy for billionaire hedge funds crying foul and expecting corporate welfare after they have made naked shorts against companies who actually employ people. You can only halt trading for so long, e.g. AMC.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    even goldman sachs is in on the gme trend they put out a note saying ivc in aus was a target for the social media crowd. the stock jumped big time today
    AMC, BB, and NOK are also targets. The wallstreetbet OG's are trying to downplay those as they aren't as heavily shorted as GME

This originally started out as the meek inheriting the market from wall st as opposed top pump and dumps
    Last edited by causecelebre; 28-01-2021 at 02:39 PM.

exactly probably just part of the evolution of trading , zero fees platforms and stay at home guru analysts talking on social media disrupting the old way

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    AMC, BB, and NOK are also targets. The wallstreetbet OG's are trying to downplay those as they aren't as heavily shorted as GME
    everyones producing lists now so as biscuit was mentioning the strategy may not last to much longer. good while it lasted will probably be the motto soon.

i was listening to Chamath Palihapitiya billionaire tech entrepreneur on cnbc this morning great interview he was saying some of the people on reddit were better analysts than he had seen on wall st
    Last edited by bull....; 28-01-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Only time will tell whether Tesla will ever be able to pay back all the money people invested into it. I won't hold my breath.
    There is no requirement for repayment. Investors just need to find the greater fool.
    "There is something wrong with a regime that requires a pyramid of corpses every few years." George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i was listening to Chamath Palihapitiya billionaire tech entrepreneur on cnbc this morning great interview he was saying some of the people on reddit were better analysts than he had seen on wall st
    good analysts getting shut down.
    hmmmm

where have I seen that.?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

GME going crazy on ASX today apparently
    Last edited by winner69; 28-01-2021 at 04:26 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

deepfu..ing value user name on reddit made 47 million from an initial 50k investment on gme

A year ago, a user by the name of DeepF***ingValue (DFV) posted a screenshot of a position he had taken in GameStop.
    He had spent about $US50,000 on stock in his initial investment

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...ained/13097982

go bro