sharetrader
Page 893 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 39379384388388989089189289389489589689790394399313931893 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,930 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

cnbc saying 20 billion is the hedge fund losses now and they are still resisting , robinhood near collapse maybe? as they pi..sed to many traders off no wonder the market down today.

The astronomical rally in GameStop has imposed huge losses of nearly $20 billion for short sellers this month, but they are not budging.

“I keep hearing that ‘most of the GME shorts have covered’ — totally untrue,” said Ihor Dusaniwsky, S3 managing director of predictive analytics

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/29/game...this-year.html

the new tweet king MUSK have to follow now as his tweets move stuff
    Last edited by bull....; 30-01-2021 at 07:30 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Seems some of you guys need to look into the option value of cash
    Reviewing the portfolio and taking the cream off certainly doesn't hurt but what wins longer term?
    After 40 years of investing my portfolio has experienced a lot of volatility.

Guru

lambs to the ... we raised some 2 days ago..you could see it coming..

Chill.

Markets need corrections from time to tie to blow off the scum & froth (excesses) at the top so that the good stuff can float to the top.

Personally I prefer corrections to be sharp and short.

The big picture remains the same - low interest rates, plenty of free money being pumped into the system and hyper-inflation in shares, properties & other capital assets.

“We're in the era of super-money where there's so much money available that it floods into assets that are not growing the economy they're just growing the asset value.”
    Last edited by Balance; 30-01-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    That is the hard bit. Normally about now I would be taking money off the table and putting it into cozy little term deposits, but there seems little point right now, money seems no safer than stocks, and there no upside.
    I guess you have to weigh up relative risks. What to do during a pandemic? The 1919 pandemic was followed by the roaring twenties and deflation - apart from Germany, punished by Versailles, where there was hyperinflation. But who knows.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 30-01-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Guru

"chill"

1.3% not big enough to ripple anything yet
    Last edited by Waltzing; 30-01-2021 at 09:47 AM.

deleted deleted
    Last edited by Balance; 30-01-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    "chill"

1.3% not big enough to ripple anything yet

our back office is comprehensive, including our own scripting model language and we think it "Be Best"

spins up runtime with no compiled marshalling..to connect the data in other languages.
    1.3%?

Where did you get your figures from?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock...233520433.html

Sure about your comprehensive back office and data connection!

PS. I see you have quickly deleted the last 2 lines of your post.
    Last edited by Balance; 30-01-2021 at 11:13 AM.

DFABPCLMB

Quote Originally Posted by DiffTheEnder View Post
    Re:gamestop short activity.

What happens if gamestop halts trading to announce a capital raise? Will the short squeeze situation resolve itself as the shorter will buy the newly available float?

How quickly can gamestop organise a capital raise realistically?
    If I were running Game Stop, why would I do a capital raise to save the hedge funds that tried to push me under? IMO the hedge funds can reap what they have sown by taking naked short positions. Better for a couple of insiders to sell some shares and provide funding to Game Stop to reduce reliance on external debt funders. Even better if they hadn't cancelled the millions of shares they bought for between $5 and $6 and held them as Treasury Stock for resale.

Also, for those who are looking to short this stock, how are you going to close your position when the number of shorts in play exceeds the number of shares available? I don't believe for a second the large hedge funds have closed out their positions - it's not possible with the number of shares on hand versus the outstanding shorts.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Dance close to the exits?
    All depends on how big the exit door is..

From my previous experience I have discovered my exit door is far too small, no matter how close I am to it..
    Everyone thinks they are smart enough to run for the exits and get out when the market falters at the top..but that is a dream enjoyed by most investors.

Disc: cashed out apart from a few rats and mice
    Last edited by Hoop; 31-01-2021 at 01:52 AM.