sharetrader
Page 894 of 1905 FirstFirst ... 39479484488489089189289389489589689789890494499413941894 ... LastLast
Results 8,931 to 8,940 of 19046

Thread: Black Monday

just adding a bit more on the whole gamestock thing and how its a moment in time which is going to speed up the disruption of the markets. we already have the robinhood type brokerages spreading to disrupt the traditional model and appeal to the new generation of investors offering zero commissions and fancy apps to use on your phones. we have just witnessed the power of social media disrupting the hedge funds at there own game. funny enough hedge funds etc funds in general , brokerage firms all use social media as well to spread the word on there best buys etc but there all well a lot of them are upset there models just had a big disruption moment and off course they want politicians to stop this disruption.

anyway probably a lot of you dont follow the whole crypto space but it is revolutionizing the way finance is conducted over the web and is a combination of capital decentralisation and blockchain technology.

it take forever to explain the concept so if you want to read up on the future disruption stuff to how stock investing may evolve and how the little person will end up on a pure level playing field with the insto's read up on such things as

decentralised finance de-fi for the lingo
    yield farming which allows little fellow to do what only the big insto.s can do in stocks , the little person can do in cryto now but will eventually go into stocks etc.
    decentralised apps and peer to peer how they will be the new way cutting out all the intermediaries

behind all the gme goings on it really is just the evolution of the power shift happening to the individual and the tradition institutions getting another siren on there demise.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    All depends on how big the exit door is..

From my previous experience I have discovered my exit door is far too small, no matter how close I am to it..
    Everyone thinks they are smart enough to run for the exits and get out when the market falters at the top..but that is a dream enjoyed by most investors.

Disc: cashed out apart from a few rats and mice
    So the option value of cash has some real value
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So the option value of cash has some real value
    Well, I guess the answer is (as always): It depends ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Seems ironic but in the current monetary environment central banks have led us I'd feel more anxious being cashed up. I would much rather have a more concentrated portfolio in the small pockets of value that still exist.

I don't think I'd sleep very well being fully cashed up which feels bizzare to say but it's true.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Seems ironic but in the current monetary environment central banks have led us I'd feel more anxious being cashed up. I would much rather have a more concentrated portfolio in the small pockets of value that still exist.

I don't think I'd sleep very well being fully cashed up which feels bizzare to say but it's true.
    I completely agree. It has been proven the more the economy is pumped full of stimulus packages, the richer those get with quality assets. ie homes and most shares

Cash is trash but still fine to hold why you are sorting out investments as the holding cost of cash is low.
    Gold might be better right now as it's in a lull.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    Cash is trash but still fine to hold why you are sorting out investments as the holding cost of cash is low.
    Gold might be better right now as it's in a lull.
    When will the markets be spooked and encounter a change in direction?
    I imagine there is a caveat. That you have a savings portfolio too (that can be accessed reasonably rapidly) to cover certain situations and unforeseen circumstances e.g. large outlays and covering living expenses for a reasonable period.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/inves...165438055.html
    Last edited by Bjauck; 31-01-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Buffett says cash is ‘priceless’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Worthless will soon be closer to the mark

Buffett's underperformance over the past decade speaks volumes, he's too old fashioned and a bit past it now imo.
    Last edited by allfromacell; 31-01-2021 at 03:16 PM.