sharetrader
Page 899 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 39979984988989589689789889990090190290390994999913991899 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 8,990 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    weeds up good again today against a overall small red day for the market at the moment. anyway we gotta ask ourselves the question if not now but soon.

I can buy some serious munchies with the gains ive made this year on weed the best stock gave people a 1800% gain since the election and most ranging from 50% to 600% in the last mth as people piled in after senator schumer gave his blessing so do i want to see these gains go up in smoke ? or will i try my luck and ride the wave for more highs. sh..t to ponder for sure maybe why a chew my munchies. short term , long term? who am I
    Just trying to figure out why you publish your weed ramps in the Black Monday thread? Do you think that the use of weed is worse on Mondays? Or do you think that the weed bubble might pop on a Monday close to us?

While weed in the past was often a good vehicle to transfer money from the gullible to the crooked (i.e. there might be some justification for using a bad news thread) - a separate thread might be appropriate ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Are you trying to weed him out?

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Are you trying to weed him out?
    Just trying to confine the weed to where it belongs :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just trying to figure out why you publish your weed ramps in the Black Monday thread? Do you think that the use of weed is worse on Mondays? Or do you think that the weed bubble might pop on a Monday close to us?

While weed in the past was often a good vehicle to transfer money from the gullible to the crooked (i.e. there might be some justification for using a bad news thread) - a separate thread might be appropriate ...
    if you dont follow the trends or flows of money and the news to affect that flow how will you have any idea whats going on in the market. if all this money just suddenly decided to park it in cash account what do you think would happen. its all relevant to black monday not just people guessing when a crash might happen.

for example did you listen to fed powell a short time ago at the new york club he might have said something to crash the market luckily he didnt

heres some news out of aus yesterday very relevant to nz RBNZ and your nz shares

RBA’s Harper Says Australia ‘Way Off’ an Asset-Price Bubble

Reserve Bank board member Ian Harper said Australia’s unemployment is too high and the economy has too much lost activity for monetary stimulus to be fueling excessive stock and property valuations

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

in other words he see's no bubbles so you can take comfort they are not going to crash the market with tightning policy therfore rbnz will have to take aus central bank stance into account for setting there policies as they dont want to crash your party if no one else is.

a lot of stock market news no matter how irrelevant you may consider it is relevant to black monday
    one step ahead of the herd

I reckon this thread is the general chat thread now so I'm all good with tangents/diversions even the odd session ;+) in moderation of course. Everything in moderation eh including moderation.

Tuesday is the real comedown day BP. Didnt you know that? Any real partier is still pretty happy on Monday lol.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

NZ market down again , plenty of selling going on maybe except retailers and a few others. US market rocking though

further to the NZ market being the worst performing stock market this year. We know its a utility type market generally and rising bond rates make it less attractive but also a added risk is the NZ govt now and how they are going to deal with the property market.

bad decisions have had bad effects thru out history by politicians

It seems "Inflation=interest hike" is the main theme these days. Better to not to have any leverages at all?
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/jp...hyperinflation

cryto space really getting traction now as the future

BNY Mellon to offer bitcoin services, a validation of crypto from a key bank in the financial system

the nation’s oldest bank, said Thursday that it will begin financing bitcoin and other digital currencies.
    The custody bank will eventually allow digital currencies to pass through the same financial network it currently uses for more traditional holdings like U.S. Treasury bonds and equities after months of analysis of its prototype digital asset framework.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/11/bny-...al-system.html

better start putting a few paper notes aside to frame as what used to be lol

Legend

Monday blues abound on NZX -- lots of Red coming out in morning session out of latest AKL 3 Day level-3 by looks ?

Back to the bad old (well b***dly good for the Contrarion crew) times again folks ?
    Last edited by nztx; 15-02-2021 at 10:32 AM.