sharetrader
Page 903 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 40380385389389990090190290390490590690791395310031403 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,030 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    NZ dollar uptrend at the moment resistance at 74c odd opening up 78c i reckon.
    agree , been long since 19th.
    NZDUSD0223.JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

bit of a hammering again on the nasdaq and bitcoin getting a good pounding showing a negative divergence on the RSI. On CNBC they were raising some good points about ark innovation funds how concentrated they are in some stocks ... could be a worry if there a rush on redemptions as its so big now ? Can a ETF blow up ?
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Bear break of the 3885 level on the SP500 overnight, but zero bear follow through and quickly recovered. Healthy consolidation on tech stocks and sector rotation. Bulls are just too strong in this market.
    Bears finally got their break with a good flush down to the next support. Mostly recovered now so the short term bottom should be in. A drop like this doesn't really concern me as we are just seeing sector rotation, rather than money leaving the market. We have seen this exact same rotation a couple of times over the last year.

Are things generally massively overvalued? Unless you think interest rates will never go up again then yes. But whilst money keeps being printed it has to go somewhere.

Bears finally got their break with a good flush down to the next support. Mostly recovered now so the short term bottom should be in. A drop like this doesn't really concern me as we are just seeing sector rotation, rather than money leaving the market. We have seen this exact same rotation a couple of times over the last year.

Are things generally massively overvalued? Unless you think interest rates will never go up again then yes. But whilst money keeps being printed it has to go somewhere.
    Over time doesn't there become a point in time when printing money aka buying bonds is necessary to avoid the tightening situation of existing bonds owned by the central bank maturing and reducing money supply as the cash leaves the system. If i'm right, any idea when this tipping point is?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Over time doesn't there become a point in time when printing money aka buying bonds is necessary to avoid the tightening situation of existing bonds owned by the central bank maturing and reducing money supply as the cash leaves the system. If i'm right, any idea when this tipping point is?
    There is so much debt in the world that we can't afford to have rates increase. The only way I can see this ending is either rapid inflation that comes out of nowhere (highly unlikely - although everyone thinks this and usually the opposite of what everything thinks happens) or a loss of faith in currencies (i.e. people realise their money is essentially worthless if the government can just print more and more and never pay it back). Both of these would be very painful.

Would be interested to hear others thoughts.

There is so much debt in the world that we can't afford to have rates increase. The only way I can see this ending is either rapid inflation that comes out of nowhere (highly unlikely - although everyone thinks this and usually the opposite of what everything thinks happens) or a loss of faith in currencies (i.e. people realise their money is essentially worthless if the government can just print more and more and never pay it back). Both of these would be very painful.

Aren't those two things essentially the same thing? hyperinflation and loss of faith in currencies?

Yes ;

In the past did the printing and circulation of fiat money which was not backed through GDP increases always result in inflation and ultimately the crash of currencies.

Obviously - this time will be different :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    agree , been long since 19th.
    NZDUSD0223.JPG
    Good jump in the NZD overnight , up against resistance now so might consolidate but i think im gonna hold ride the trend as the US dollar still declining will keep pushing the NZ dollar higher.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Good jump in the NZD overnight , up against resistance now so might consolidate but i think im gonna hold ride the trend as the US dollar still declining will keep pushing the NZ dollar higher.
    Yep kiwi currency moving to a new level... going to be good for importers but exporters who cannot reprice will struggle

*100*
    Last edited by Habits; 25-02-2021 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Yep kiwi currency moving to a new level... going to be good for importers but exporters who cannot reprice will struggle

*100*
    exporters will get caught out i reckon on there forex hedges they probably didnt expect such a fast or big rise

importers like WHS etc should do well