sharetrader
Page 904 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 40480485489490090190290390490590690790891495410041404 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,040 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

As will the likes of HLG,FBU,KMD, any importer will do well with Kiwi trading higher. Market dynamics have changed quite considerably these past for months.Are you in or out??

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    exporters will get caught out i reckon on there forex hedges they probably didnt expect such a fast or big rise

importers like WHS etc should do well
    A month or two back there was something which predicted 0.77 Kiwi/USD coming up

The smart ones will have moved to cover exposures as the rate has advanced up IMO

Further stimulus announced since then being thrown in up in the USA may see higher than 0.77
    Last edited by nztx; 25-02-2021 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    A month or two back there was something which predicted 0.77 Kiwi/USD coming up

The smart ones will have moved to cover exposures as the rate has advanced up IMO

Further stimulus announced since then being thrown in up in the USA may see higher than 0.77
    RBNZ wasnt forcasting this high this soon , so i dont imagine banks were either which i would guess most big companies do there hedging thru
    one step ahead of the herd

We must be in Correction territory after another mauling..
    Last edited by Greekwatchdog; 25-02-2021 at 11:06 AM.

anyone into gamestock up 100% today and up another 80% after hours

Yea, my 2 GME shares will have me into an auckland property in no time

NZX50 is into RSI oversold conditions on the daily. Most of the drop still being caused by the NZX10 (down ~15% from the peak). Some sectors really performing well (retail & financials).

I expect to see property relate stocks start to outperform again soon. Retirement villages more than commercial (as commercial property value is so heavily influenced by yield).

anyone into gamestock up 100% today and up another 80% after hours
    I assumed that the drop from $300 to it's current price would have allowed the short sellers to exist their positions. Is that correct or are there short sellers still looking for an exit ?

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    I assumed that the drop from $300 to it's current price would have allowed the short sellers to exist their positions. Is that correct or are there short sellers still looking for an exit ?
    lots of theories why it jumped one being charlie munger ( berkshire ) talking about it this morning calling all the people in game stop gamblers with a mindset of a race dog. so they ran the price up to rub it in his face. the uncanny thing is it all took off around the same time munger was trash talking heaps of people lol

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/char...185123566.html

lots of theories why it jumped one being charlie munger ( berkshire ) talking about it this morning calling all the people in game stop gamblers with a mindset of a race dog. so they ran the price up to rub it in his face. the uncanny thing is it all took off around the same time munger was trash talking heaps of people lol

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/char...185123566.html
    Interesting, but like I was wondering, did all the short sellers get out a couple of weeks ago after the big drop ? If they did then gme can't have much of a future.