sharetrader
Page 925 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 42582587591592192292392492592692792892993597510251425 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,250 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    So looking at that above data, then one would conclude that with New Zealand as the only quarantine-free international holiday destination for Australians, then New Zealand is poised to grab a far larger piece of the Australians itching to travel than the traditional 14% slice (whereas kiwis travelling to Australia was already almost half of our normal tourist trips anyway)

(These stats also highlight that many Australians highly likely haven't visited New Zealand this century)
    How many of these trips are for business I wonder if you can get those stats? I would fathom a guess that in the past a decent percentage of these trans-tasman flights will be for people staying in the main centres for business conferences, events and such and the majority of these won't be happening in the near term.

Aside from skiing, how many ozzie's are going to come to nz in winter for a holiday?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old mate View Post
    Aside from skiing, how many ozzie's are going to come to nz in winter for a holiday?
    if you see my post above - 1.5 million Australians come to NZ each yeah, only a tiny percentage of those visitors go skiing.

Yes,but for the next 5-6 months aside from skiing locations I don't think this will be positive for tourism. More kiwis will be going for sun than ozzie's come here to shiver.

Advanced Member

Yes,but for the next 5-6 months aside from skiing locations I don't think this will be positive for tourism. More kiwis will be going for sun than ozzie's come here to shiver.
    Aussies come here all year round - not just in Ski season.

wait for the cries for handouts everywhere bar queenstown
    one step ahead of the herd

Bull you need to take into account the magic of economic dynamism. Activity breeds activity.

Also the bubble will help most the hardest hit parts of the economy and help them survive. These parts can then restart spending and contribute to economic growth. Good for long term growth.

Suspect also hard hit sectors will spend all they receive while the losing sectors have probably done quite well and would be inclined to save.

Yeah nah, no one's really answered Old mate's question. What does NZ have to attract Aussies in great numbers over the winter months, other than skiing (start praying for a great season)? I guess there will be those that need to catch up with family and friends, but otherwise there's not a lot. Business travel is still likely to be virtually non existent. Kiwis to Oz on the other hand, you've got warmer climes, shopping, theme parks and big cities to explore etc. Anyway, it's a great start and long may it last!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Y..... Kiwis to Oz on the other hand, you've got warmer climes, shopping, theme parks and big cities to explore etc. .....
    That really sounds like a bloody awful holiday to me, but each to their own.